Platformer tutorial error on part 8: Uncaught Class {name: "me.Error", message: "Cannot instantiate entity of type 'me.levelEntity'"}

mre...@gmail.com

Nov 27, 2016, 5:48:54 PM11/27/16
to melonJS - A lightweight HTML5 game engine
Hi. I've completed part 8 in the tutorial http://melonjs.github.io/tutorial-platformer/ - just added an object and a custom property in Tiled and saved a new map called area02.tmx. The directions seemed quite brief, so I'm wondering if I'm missing something.

I'm getting an error in the console of Uncaught Class {name: "me.Error", message: "Cannot instantiate entity of type 'me.levelEntity'"} .

Demo displaying the error at https://mrengy.github.io/pesky-squirrels/boilerplate-master/

Code at https://github.com/mrengy/pesky-squirrels/tree/789e41b52d002134b2f0d3a26ff8e2c2d4eac435/boilerplate-master

Mac OS 10.11.3, Chrome 54.0.2840.98 (64-bit), MelonJS v3.1.0

melonJS

Nov 28, 2016, 2:01:15 AM11/28/16
to melonJS - A lightweight HTML5 game engine, mre...@gmail.com
there is a typo in your map :

it should be `me.LevelEntity` with a upper-case L.

seems like it's just that :)

Mike Eng

Nov 28, 2016, 9:09:01 AM11/28/16
to mel...@googlegroups.com