Watch Folders not working - Error processing source: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ...

Fabrizio Musella

May 18, 2017, 11:15:45 AM5/18/17
to Mayan EDMS
 Hi, I'm trying to set up Mayan EDMS for the first time and I'm having some troubles with enabling Watch/Staging Folders, whatever the path i give, Mayan always returns the error "No such file or directory".
I have followed the instruction for install Mayan EDMS on a Lubuntu machine using docker.
The folders that I'm trying to use as Watch Folders are also public folders shared with Samba among the network, I have attached my smb.conf in case it would be helpful.

Is there something that I'm doing wrong or that I have misunderstood?

Thanks in advance for all the help.
smb.conf

Fabrizio Musella

May 18, 2017, 3:00:59 PM5/18/17
to Mayan EDMS
The paths that I inserted for the two Watch Folder were:
  1. "/srv/samba/Acquisto"
  2. "/srv/samba/Vendita"

Bruno CAPELETO

May 19, 2017, 5:44:59 PM5/19/17
to Mayan EDMS
Are MAYAN server and SAMBA server the same server ?

Fabrizio Musella

May 20, 2017, 3:49:23 AM5/20/17
to mayan...@googlegroups.com
Yes, they are on the same machine

--

---

Fabrizio Musella

May 20, 2017, 4:46:33 AM5/20/17
to mayan...@googlegroups.com
The idea was to let the employees upload their documents in those watch folders (Based on the type of the document) in order to let Mayan upload them automatically and later they can fill the required metadata on Mayan.

Fabrizio Musella

May 25, 2017, 12:13:44 PM5/25/17
to Mayan EDMS
Could it be that the path doesn't work because Mayan is located inside the docker filesystem so it doesn't see the path on the host? In that case, anyone knows how to give the correct path?

Roberto Rosario

May 26, 2017, 2:46:52 AM5/26/17
to Mayan EDMS
Hi,
That makes sense. Docker containers don't have access to the host files on purpose. You would need to mount the host watch folders you want to use as volumes. -> https://docs.docker.com/engine/tutorials/dockervolumes/#mount-a-host-directory-as-a-data-volume

Stop and remove the existing container, and add the following to the Docker run command:

To stop and remove:
docker stop mayan-edms
docker rm mayan-edms

The new fragment to add to the Docke run line:

-v /srv/samba/Acquisto:/srv/samba/Acquisto

Example:

docker run -d --name mayan-edms --restart=always -p 80:80 -v mayan_media:/var/lib/mayan -v mayan_settings:/etc/mayan -v /srv/samba/Acquisto:/srv/samba/Acquisto mayanedms/mayanedms

The host folder /srv/samba/Acquisto should now be accessible from inside the container.

Roberto Rosario

May 26, 2017, 2:48:35 AM5/26/17
to Mayan EDMS

Fabrizio Musella

May 26, 2017, 12:22:03 PM5/26/17
to Mayan EDMS
Hi Mr Rosario, thank you very much for the explanation, it all works now.

Keep up the good work with Mayan!

Roberto Rosario

May 27, 2017, 10:58:22 AM5/27/17
to Mayan EDMS
Good to hear! Will add this to the documentation.