girum.b...@kimetrica.com

Aug 1, 2017, 7:15:21 AM8/1/17
to Mayan EDMS
Hello Mayan team,

Advanced searching of documents using metadata is found to give unexpected results. It is possible to construct the search query string in the url, but the advanced search interface doesn't work.
Is there a way to do the search by metadata in a better way? Or this is being fixed?

Thanks and all the best!
Girum

Roberto Rosario

Aug 2, 2017, 3:18:25 PM8/2/17
to Mayan EDMS
Hi,

Can you provide more context about this issue, I'm not really sure I understand the problem. Can you post screenshots? Thanks!

Girum Bizuayehu

Aug 3, 2017, 2:35:09 AM8/3/17
to mayan...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply,
Strangely the previous issue didn't not appear again, but I got another issue.
To do an advanced search using metadata, when I enter 'Metadata type' and 'Metadata value', which doesn't match an existing metadata value the search returns some values having a different metadata value.
For example, if I have a metadata called region associated with some documents with a value 'north', all documents which have this metadata with different metadata values are returned after a search.
Thanks again!

--

---