Disable Export layer feature

Assigned to matteo.v...@geosolutionsgroup.com by me

Nomeneta Saili

Oct 16, 2022, 1:28:36 AM10/16/22
to mapstore-users
Hi guys,

Been testing and looking at the documentation but can't find a way to disable users from downloading/exporting layers from the map.

Tried everything with differnet user types etc but still have the export layer function avaliable even to any public maps.

Is there a way I can disable this per user or groups?

Thanks

Nome

Matteo Velludini

Oct 17, 2022, 5:46:51 AM10/17/22
to mapstor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Download appears in two different places
- TOC
- FeatureEditor (attribute table)

in order to remove this from TOC you have to edit the configuration of mapstore called localConfig.json,
i'm guessing you want this for the desktop version only so your changes can address only that array i.e. plugins.desktop, but you can add this config to every occurrence of TOC plugin

- this is for the TOC (see here)
  activateDownloadTool: false

- For the download option in the FeatureEditor you may simply remove this plugin that is inserted in the toolbar
  "LayerDownload"

If you want to disable layer download only for non admin user i may suggest to use this configuration disablePluginIf instead since it is a way of using expression in order to render or not a plugin, in this case we check the role of the user

So for LayerDownload it will become
from
"LayerDownload"

{
"name": "LayerDownload",
"cfg": {
  "disablePluginIf":  "{state('userrole') !== 'ADMIN'}"
  }
}

Please let me know if it helps

--

Regards,

Matteo Velludini

==

Visit http://bit.ly/gs-services-us for more information.

==

Matteo Velludini

Frontend Software Engineer

GeoSolutions Group
phone: +39 0584 962313

fax:     +39 0584 1660272

mob:   +39  333 8128928

https://www.geosolutionsgroup.com/

http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

Con riferimento alla normativa sul trattamento dei dati personali (Reg. UE 2016/679 - Regolamento generale sulla protezione dei dati “GDPR”), si precisa che ogni circostanza inerente alla presente email (il suo contenuto, gli eventuali allegati, etc.) è un dato la cui conoscenza è riservata al/i solo/i destinatario/i indicati dallo scrivente. Se il messaggio Le è giunto per errore, è tenuta/o a cancellarlo, ogni altra operazione è illecita. Le sarei comunque grato se potesse darmene notizia.

This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. We remind that - as provided by European Regulation 2016/679 “GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email by mistake, please notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail.

Nomeneta Saili

Oct 17, 2022, 9:31:59 PM10/17/22
to mapstor...@googlegroups.com
Thankyou so much Matteo,

It worked. Manage to do it

For anyone else that comes across this and needs a bit more help. Here is what I did below

image.png

Thanks again,

Much appreciated

Nome