Install via RVM

Wayne Schroer

Aug 12, 2014, 6:20:48 PM8/12/14
to maglev-d...@googlegroups.com
Hey folks,

I am trying to install maglev via RVM and am encountering problems trying to download the tarballs from gemstone.  Here's the file it is looking for:

It's definitely not there.  It looks like there is only an i386 version of the file for Darwin.

Is this a problem in RVM?  Should it be pointing to the i386 version, or are the 64 bit tarballs just missing?

Also, does it make more sense for me to install it manually and not use rvm to manage my maglev install?

Thanks,
Wayne

timfelg...@gmail.com

Aug 12, 2014, 7:15:56 PM8/12/14
to maglev-d...@googlegroups.com
There are only 64bit versions of the VM, so the tarball name is misleading. I manage maglev through rbenv, but using rvm should work.

cheers,
Tim

Jesse Cooke

Aug 12, 2014, 7:18:07 PM8/12/14
to maglev-d...@googlegroups.com

Hi Wayne,

update.sh uses http://seaside.gemtalksystems.com nowadays. I'd recommend cloning the repo though.

Jesse

John Thornton

Aug 12, 2014, 9:08:19 PM8/12/14
to maglev-d...@googlegroups.com
Try updating rvm by running:

rvm get stable

Then try the install again. There was a recent fix for that issue: https://github.com/wayneeseguin/rvm/pull/2985

Hope that works

JohnnyT

Sent from my iPhone

Wayne Schroer

Aug 13, 2014, 9:33:23 AM8/13/14
to maglev-d...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the help everyone!

I was able to pull down JohhnyT's fix and get Maglev installed this morning.