Putting out feelers.

Cave Troll

Apr 6, 2017, 1:06:37 AM4/6/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Was wondering if there would be any interest in a basic car/motorcycle maintenance class for anyone interested. Topics will probably include Brakes (pads, calipers, and lines), oil changes, alternators (belt tensioning and replacement), clutch replacement on motorcycles, a quick look at what makes an engines work, and other basic tips for auto maintenance for the saving of the monetary units. It would be a class that spans weekly for about $3 per person and a class load of 10.

I can also offer said simple auto services at prices that may make the shops weep (oil change for a 6 pack, a fiver and provided oil and filter, as well as a drip pan brought in, alternator swap for $15, plus a 6 pack, and brake pads and bleed for $20 and a 6 pack), as well as teaching said person how to do said work.

Anybody interested?

bruce

Apr 6, 2017, 4:48:00 AM4/6/17
to lv...@googlegroups.com, Cave Troll
Hey...

Saw your auto class/repair posting!

While not interested in the class.. would def be interested in the repair stuff.

If you're interested in providing some services let me know and we can
discuss email or phone..
-brakes/new tires/etc.. (among other things..)

-bruce

Jessica Elle

Apr 7, 2017, 3:17:06 PM4/7/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
I'm interested in classes! I have a moped that I'd like to take apart/put back together to learn about as well.

Cave Troll

Apr 8, 2017, 1:13:14 AM4/8/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
hit me up on my work email. bryan....@whitelodging.com. Most of the prices that I offer are similar to the ones in the previous post and include beer or other parts of a balanced liquid diet. Cavetroll subsists on lead-based paint chips and alcohol. I can't do tires because of my lack of tools related to them, lack of experience, and my inability to balance them properly.
I can't do alignments, balancing, tire swaps (as in removing the tire from the bead and setting a new one on), and water pumps (They're usually mounted behind a motor mount, which is a bit of a chore to get at).

Cave Troll

Apr 8, 2017, 1:29:36 AM4/8/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
If you can get a repair manual for it, that would be the first step. Do you have a make and model?

Jessica Elle

Apr 23, 2017, 1:31:26 PM4/23/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace, 4barre...@gmail.com
Down to make this a class series for May? I'm putting out an open call for hosted classes so I can set up a marketing schedule and event calendar for May.

Info here:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/lvl1/1V0Qnc65akU/AqgmptEjBQAJ

Chris Phelps

Apr 27, 2017, 4:37:15 PM4/27/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
I would definitely attend this class.

David Ortiz-Grob

Apr 28, 2017, 11:21:02 AM4/28/17
to lv...@googlegroups.com
Jess, whats the model of the moped? You can usually find the shop manuals online

On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 3:24 PM, Chris Phelps <chrisp...@gmail.com> wrote:
I would definitely attend this class.

Donovan Klinglesmith

Jun 24, 2017, 10:56:56 PM6/24/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Hey cave troll I don't suppose you know how to preform a valve adjust on a 50 cc w stroke

Cavetroll

Jul 11, 2017, 9:15:15 AM7/11/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Let me get it in the works, work has been absolute hell on me lately due to lack of warm bodies.

Cavetroll

Jul 11, 2017, 9:15:15 AM7/11/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Do you need to adjust valve lash?

Cavetroll

Jul 11, 2017, 9:15:15 AM7/11/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace, 4barre...@gmail.com
Disregard  the last post, pin me in starting August. I'll give you dates and times and any other info for them.

Cavetroll

Jul 11, 2017, 9:15:15 AM7/11/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace, 4barre...@gmail.com
Siorry about the lapse. I could, I'll 3d print out a cutaway engine and maybe use the parts from that one engine that ended up absolutely destroyed in the pursuit of knowledge. I'll also throw together a lesson plan to keep it structured but still off the hip.