Lucee

Ian O'Sullivan

Mar 8, 2016, 6:39:24 AM3/8/16
to Lucee
Hi,

We installed Lucee on our dev server and changed the web root from default to point to our domains folder. All works fine through localhost on the dev server but how do we get it to work via live url. We've turned off ColdFusion but Lucee doesn't serve the sites over the live \URL. Is there some IIS setting or something? This must be a simple fix which I'm unable to find.

TY,

Ian.

Julian Halliwell

Mar 8, 2016, 6:52:42 AM3/8/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Have you added your live domain in the hosts section of
<lucee-installation-folder>tomcat/conf/server.xml and restarted Lucee?
e.g.

<Host name="livedomain.com" appBase="webapps">
<Context path="" docBase="C:\webrootpath" />
</Host>

Ian O'Sullivan

Mar 9, 2016, 6:00:55 AM3/9/16
to Lucee
Hey thanks Julian,

So I just added this to my server.xml;
        <Host name="app.locosoftware.ie/lucee" appBase="webapps">
            <Context path="" docBase="D:\domains\app.locosoftware.ie\lucee" />
        </Host>
( Does it look correct? )
and I restarted the Lucee service.

So when I go to the live URL http://app.locosoftware.ie/lucee/ian_test/ I should see Lucee server however I still see CF server. Do I need to switch off CF? I was hoping to have all both running side by side during testing. Is it at all possible?

Also I've lookin in IIS > Handler Mappings and all seems to be correct there.

Thanks for the help.

Ian.

Julian Halliwell

Mar 9, 2016, 7:20:36 AM3/9/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
On 9 March 2016 at 11:00, Ian O'Sullivan <ian.os...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So I just added this to my server.xml;
> <Host name="app.locosoftware.ie/lucee" appBase="webapps">
> <Context path="" docBase="D:\domains\app.locosoftware.ie\lucee"
> />
> </Host>
> ( Does it look correct? )

No the host name should just be the domain name, without "/lucee". If
your app's root is in a sub-folder then add that as the context path:

<Host name="app.locosoftware.ie" appBase="webapps">
<Context path="/lucee" docBase="D:\domains\app.locosoftware.ie\lucee" />
</Host>

> So when I go to the live URL http://app.locosoftware.ie/lucee/ian_test/ I
> should see Lucee server however I still see CF server. Do I need to switch
> off CF? I was hoping to have all both running side by side during testing.
> Is it at all possible?

You can run both together by manually editing the handlers your
web.config. Here are some notes I wrote for Railo but which still
apply to Lucee:

http://cfsimplicity.com/82/installing-railo-on-iis-alongside-coldfusion-9

Ian O'Sullivan

Mar 9, 2016, 9:39:36 AM3/9/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a million Julian.

I got it working after some tweaking. Mainly my CF handlers were named differently.  I also had to remove the global handler (with an odd name) as follows;
<remove name="AboMapperCustom-652661" />

Ta for the assistance.

Ian.

--
Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! - http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html