Storage Request #615: Printer/copier by Nicholas Cripps

no-r...@london.hackspace.org.uk

Nov 22, 2016, 5:12:02 PM11/22/16
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Printer/copier
https://london.hackspace.org.uk/storage/615
by Nicholas Cripps
22nd Nov 2016 - 11th Dec 2016
Request for 19 days in the ground floor (Next to laser cutter.)

Toshiba eStudio 3520c donated to space. Needs repair. Storage request is to store it while we figure out whether it can be fixed for a reasonable amount or, to give time to scrap it for interesting components.

***If no one replies to this topic the request will be automatically approved within 2 days.***

no-r...@london.hackspace.org.uk

Nov 25, 2016, 6:39:59 AM11/25/16
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Status changed to Approved with the reason 'Due to no objections and being Hackspace infrustructure ' by *$C00BY*

no-r...@london.hackspace.org.uk

Dec 24, 2016, 2:50:52 PM12/24/16
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Status changed to Extended with the reason 'bit more time needed on this, waiting for parts, could replace other printer if successful' by Samantha Thompson

no-r...@london.hackspace.org.uk

Jan 18, 2017, 6:13:20 AM1/18/17
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Status changed to Passed Deadline with the reason 'Can we get an update (or please update the storage ticket if already removed)' by David Mansfield

Nick Cripps

Jan 21, 2017, 4:51:05 PM1/21/17
to London Hackspace, no-r...@london.hackspace.org.uk
So, the printer is still in the space. Based on feedback from other members, I think it is useful to other members in its current state, in particular for printing anything that needs to be printed correctly in black and white that does not fill the whole page, for example masks for PCB making. There are a number of issues with the printer still but, it is my hope that we can replace the old printer with this one when these are resolved. The issues are better described in an email from Christian to the list here, which includes instructions on how to use it: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/london-hack-space/pj2oLHenGIE/jsXbmhJcDwAJ

We think the transfer belt needs cleaning and that this is causing lines across the page, including a prominent a blue line at the top of the page. Christian has reported that colours seem to dark when printing too, which may well be a driver issue. It is our intention to try to resolve these and to work out TCO and then propose that the printer be regarded as infrastructure and be placed where the old one is and, that one thrown away. The printer was a donation to the space and, we would be happy for it to be considered infrastructure now but, it is not obvious to us if it makes sense for the space to keep it in the long term if these issues cannot be resolved or, the cost of replacement consumables is too high.

If anyone knows what I should do regarding getting properly authorised longer term storage for it, I would be grateful if they could let me know.

Also, if anyone is knowledgeable about printers and wants to help with the issues above, please contact me or Christian Jaeger.

Cheers,
Nick

no-r...@london.hackspace.org.uk

Jan 21, 2017, 8:08:11 PM1/21/17
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Status changed to Extended by Samantha Thompson

no-r...@london.hackspace.org.uk

Jun 7, 2017, 3:46:17 PM6/7/17
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Status changed to Removed with the reason 'Now a part of infrastructure...' by Philip ROY