Toshiba eStudio 3520c (storage request #616)

Paddy Duncan

Dec 12, 2016, 3:56:10 AM12/12/16
to london-h...@googlegroups.com, pad...@padski.co.uk

Yesterday one of our members informed me that he has an identical machine, extolled its virtues at length and offered to help get it up and running.

He is in possession of the service manual and a large quantity of spares. Watch this space.

If whoever was dealing with would like me to put you in touch, please pm.

Ta

Paddy

Christian Jaeger

Dec 18, 2016, 9:38:51 PM12/18/16
to london-h...@googlegroups.com, pad...@padski.co.uk
Hi Paddy & everybody

If that member reads this list, yes, we would be very grateful if you
replied to us or the list.

General status update for everybody: printer is functional and on the
network (studio3520.lan.london.hackspace.org.uk), feel free to test it
(please use sparingly for now as we don't know whether it might make
things worse), but here are the problems that we have run into:

* there is a ca. 3 mm stripe of blue ink across the top of the page on
colour prints. There are also 1-2 faint black stripes across around
the middle of pages on B&W prints as well. Perhaps we have to replace
the transfer belt (?) or perhaps just clean it, we don't know for
sure. Nick (Cripps) may give cleaning a try. Replacement, or generally
knowhow would be very very helpful.

* colour prints are coming out too dark. Quality in general is good,
just too dark. We haven't found any way to change this either on the
config display, config web login, or gtklp or OS X printer dialog. Any
tips are welcome. (Choosing a different printer profile did change it
*slightly* but never much so we think it's something different, also,
there's contrast+brightness sliders on gtklp on Linux but they have
zero effect, why?)

Any help is welcome!

Christian + Nick

Paddy Duncan