D & D

Printed Props

Sep 21, 2017, 2:30:10 PM9/21/17
to Leeds Hack Space
We slightly tuched on the subject of having a D&D night last Tuesday.

So I thought id see if any one was interested in playing at the hack space

We have the great advantage of having a few DM's who are members

If there are any others who would like to host a game let us know :)

Were thinking of sorting out a meet up night to get every one on the same page.
And see what people would like to do

I beleave that the DM's have mentioned it wouldent just have to be d&d

I think the idea might be for Wednesday nights but nthis can be discussed thurther at the meetup

So to round up.
A d&D esk night with a few drinks perhaps(bring your own)
Take out
And a good laff

Andy51055

Sep 21, 2017, 3:00:36 PM9/21/17
to Leeds Hack Space
Wow! I've not played since I was a DM back in 1980 - I suspect the rules have changed a bit since then. But I'd definitely like to try again.

And if anyone wants to try the best variation of D&D on the planet I have Toon!, which is basically D&D in the world of cartoons (ideally Warner Bros. ones) where anything can happen and if you die you come back in the next scene. Goes very well with alcohol ;-)

James Finnerty

Sep 21, 2017, 3:26:30 PM9/21/17
to Leeds Hack Space
Wow, Not played d&d for years..  Would like to try it out again.

Printed Props

Sep 21, 2017, 3:43:43 PM9/21/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Andy that sounds amazing man :)

On 21 Sep 2017 8:26 p.m., "James Finnerty" <fin...@gmail.com> wrote:
Wow, Not played d&d for years..  Would like to try it out again.

J C

Sep 21, 2017, 3:57:18 PM9/21/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Id like to play.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Leeds Hack Space" group.

onlyha...@gmail.com

Sep 21, 2017, 4:01:22 PM9/21/17
to Leeds Hack Space
Me too... I've never played but recently bought the starter set but don't know where to start! So would be great if we could have a beginners night?

timpin .

Sep 21, 2017, 4:02:07 PM9/21/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Also never played...

On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 9:01 PM, <onlyha...@gmail.com> wrote:
Me too... I've never played but recently bought the starter set but don't know where to start! So would be great if we could have a beginners night?

james riley

Sep 21, 2017, 4:04:10 PM9/21/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Let me in the building and I could run an intro pathfinder session.

onlyha...@gmail.com

Sep 21, 2017, 4:08:04 PM9/21/17
to Leeds Hack Space
I'm looking to teach my family, however I might have to simplify it a bit but would love to learn proper like 😜

simon.c...@gmail.com

Sep 21, 2017, 4:22:05 PM9/21/17
to Leeds Hack Space
To confirm what we said on Tuesday - both Rachael and I have GMd sevral times before and are happy to do so for the group. We have a variety of role playing games to choose from as well.

Tanya Perry

Sep 22, 2017, 7:15:58 AM9/22/17
to Leeds Hack Space
I have only ever watched some people play, but I'm generally pretty alright at picking up games quickly.

I'd totally be up for this! Drinks and take out sounds like a plan.

Printed Props

Sep 23, 2017, 10:04:41 AM9/23/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Ok so sounds like we potentially have a few DM's :D

Thanks people

I think we need to get a day we can do  a meet up

I'd suggest a day the DM's pick as there going to be the ones doing a lot of the work leading the groups

Also....

TELL EVERYONE

On 22 Sep 2017 12:16 p.m., "Tanya Perry" <perry.ta...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have only ever watched some people play, but I'm generally pretty alright at picking up games quickly.

I'd totally be up for this! Drinks and take out sounds like a plan.

Kim Mason

Sep 23, 2017, 10:25:53 AM9/23/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Id like to play as well

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Leeds Hack Space" group.

Ian Kernick

Sep 23, 2017, 8:19:14 PM9/23/17
to Leeds Hack Space
I've never played, but I would love to give it a go.

simon.c...@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2017, 4:39:52 PM9/25/17
to Leeds Hack Space
Wednesdays and Thursdays are both good for us. Wednesdays for preference.

Phil Hutchinson

Sep 26, 2017, 4:59:26 AM9/26/17
to Leeds Hack Space
Wednesday works for me, Holly and I are looking to start up.

J C

Sep 26, 2017, 5:01:58 AM9/26/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
If it ends up on a wednesday can it not includecthe first wednesday of the month please? Just to avoid conflict with werewolves.

Kim Mason

Sep 26, 2017, 5:02:42 AM9/26/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Thursday is good for me, Wednesday not so much

On 26 Sep 2017 09:59, "Phil Hutchinson" <phil.d.h...@gmail.com> wrote:

J C

Sep 26, 2017, 5:17:18 AM9/26/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
If we are all chipping in with availibility the doodle poll will be easier to track than individual emails if somone can throw one together.

Printed Props

Sep 26, 2017, 8:11:32 AM9/26/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Wednesday or Thursday sounds good

Thursday has later busses I believe

Would like to hear from all the DM's

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Leeds Hack Space" group.

Phil Hutchinson

Sep 26, 2017, 9:31:39 AM9/26/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Thursday also works. Yeh doodle.it up

Printed Props

Sep 27, 2017, 5:20:41 AM9/27/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Just not Thursday the 5th as it's night light :p

Andy51055

Sep 27, 2017, 7:51:10 AM9/27/17
to Leeds Hack Space
As it's been over 35 years since I was last a DM, it's probably best if I don't. I do have a few dungeon designs (mostly aimed at winding up a rule-bound paladin) knocking about somewhere though...

Stanto

Philco

Sep 27, 2017, 10:37:48 AM9/27/17
to Leeds Hack Space
Sounds like fun.

Plus I'm really slow at picking up new games and can be quite cranky -- so it should be great fun!

Oh, and Thursday is best for me too :)

Printed Props

Sep 27, 2017, 3:32:32 PM9/27/17
to Leeds Hack Space

So getting quite a few responses for "Thursdays"
Any one else?
The more we can accommodate the better :)

simon.c...@gmail.com

Sep 27, 2017, 4:33:39 PM9/27/17
to Leeds Hack Space
Rachael and I are both good for Thursday 5 October. Shall we say 7pm at the Backspace to meet up and discuss what games people would like to play etc? We'll bring some rules books.

Printed Props

Sep 27, 2017, 5:34:10 PM9/27/17
to Leeds Hack Space

Not a probb for me...
But a few of the members who have shown interest in D&D will be at the museum with the cube as it's the start of light night in Leeds with the parade as well...

Don't really want to push it back as that tends to let things slide but I think it might be best on the Thursday 12th? :s

On Wed, 27 Sep 2017, 9:33 p.m. <simon.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
Rachael and I are both good for Thursday 5 October. Shall we say 7pm at the Backspace to meet up and discuss what games people would like to play etc? We'll bring some rules books.

J C

Sep 27, 2017, 5:37:03 PM9/27/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
The cube wont be up that night but was hoping to spend most of it enkoying light night sinxe im working it the next night. But will go with majority.

Printed Props

Oct 1, 2017, 4:17:10 AM10/1/17
to Leeds Hack Space
So since no one's posted in a day I thought I'd just check with you all...

Yes or no

Thursday the 12th October?

For a D&D meetup

Just a chat to get every one up to speed on what to expect and for the DM's to get an idea of what the players might like to do.

Andy51055

Oct 2, 2017, 5:54:27 AM10/2/17
to Leeds Hack Space
For those interested in the whacky cartoon version of D&D, the manuals are here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/09kjme8jvpv1qma/Toon%20guides.zip

Ian Kernick

Oct 3, 2017, 6:30:11 AM10/3/17
to Leeds Hack Space
Does D&D require people to be available for consecutive dates, or can people drop in and out of it?

Stanto

Oct 3, 2017, 9:08:21 AM10/3/17
to Leeds Hack Space
Usually once you've started playing you're committed for the campaign which means you should turn up every time.

Some dungeon masters that're running the came can manage to account for this depending on the campaign, however it's usually helpful to have consistency with those attending.

Ian Kernick

Oct 3, 2017, 9:28:12 AM10/3/17
to Leeds Hack Space
No worries, I'll probably have to pass going on Thursdays as I usually go climbing that day.

If you need anyone to play as temporary monster fodder for a week, just holla.

simon.c...@gmail.com

Oct 3, 2017, 7:51:35 PM10/3/17
to Leeds Hack Space
Next Thursday 12 October sounds good.

Depending on the game and story, it's usually best if people turn up fairly regularly. Though stuff happens and that cannot be helped.

Tim Pinder

Oct 4, 2017, 3:11:32 AM10/4/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Sorry guys I’m out.
I had no idea this has to be a regular commitment.

—
Tim

On 4 Oct 2017, at 00:51, simon.c...@gmail.com wrote:

Next Thursday 12 October sounds good.

Depending on the game and story, it's usually best if people turn up fairly regularly. Though stuff happens and that cannot be helped.

Printed Props

Oct 4, 2017, 4:02:13 AM10/4/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com

That great :)

Thanks Simon

And as a reminder to every one...

This is a meet up to discuss what we can and can't do.
What people want.
How often we want to meet (e.g. once a month, twice a month)
Talk about what kind of campaigns the DM's are happy to do and a rough idea about time commitments per campaign.

But basically to talk about and figure out what's what :)

Hope to see more of you there
As we now have a confirmed DM yay
Thanks simon

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Leeds Hack Space" group.

Printed Props

Oct 4, 2017, 4:02:51 AM10/4/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com

P.s. Me and my gf will be there.

J C

Oct 4, 2017, 4:30:20 AM10/4/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Thats great Thanks Simon I'll be there next Thursday

On 4 Oct 2017 9:02 am, "Printed Props" <jwjr...@gmail.com> wrote:

P.s. Me and my gf will be there.

On Wed, 4 Oct 2017, 8:11 a.m. Tim Pinder, <tmp...@gmail.com> wrote:
Sorry guys I’m out.
I had no idea this has to be a regular commitment.

—
Tim

On 4 Oct 2017, at 00:51, simon.c...@gmail.com wrote:

Next Thursday 12 October sounds good.

Depending on the game and story, it's usually best if people turn up fairly regularly. Though stuff happens and that cannot be helped.

Printed Props

Oct 9, 2017, 12:29:28 PM10/9/17
to Leeds Hack Space
so just a reminder...
were meeting up on Thursday the 12th of October (this Thursday)
for a "Meet the DMs" (Dungeon Masters) and a "Q&A"

we don't expect anyone to commit to anything.
this is so we can all discus what we want and what can be.

i am hoping we can have a look at some character sheets and get a bit more familiar with the hole thing.
also in the future we can do other games such as "Mouse Guard" which seems a bit bigger in party size,classes and campaigns.

im also hoping with the good graces of the DMs that we might be able to do some quick "one night" campaigns.
this way people who cant commit to a full campaigns can still join in as well.

so as long as no one objects im going to suggest we start to gather some time after 5:30 till 9ish.
Remember this is a meet up so if you cant get there until 8 its still possible you can get something out of it.

im so excited to see what we can do with this and attached is one of many examples ive seen :D
98cff9add89afcc9ea131e42cb4ad389.jpg

Matt Dyson-Bird (CuppaMatt)

Oct 12, 2017, 8:13:58 AM10/12/17
to Leeds Hack Space
Hey everyone, I've just seen this. Is there room for another potential player tonight?

Matt

Andy51055

Oct 12, 2017, 8:18:59 AM10/12/17
to Leeds Hack Space
Absolutely! The more the mayhemmier.

Printed Props

Oct 12, 2017, 8:22:13 AM10/12/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com

Happy to have more people :D

Matt Dyson-Bird (CuppaMatt)

Oct 12, 2017, 8:25:52 AM10/12/17
to Leeds Hack Space
Fantastic :)
I'm running two 5e games over Roll20 at the moment, it'll be nice to be able to play for a change.

Matt Dyson-Bird (CuppaMatt)

Oct 12, 2017, 1:12:24 PM10/12/17
to Leeds Hack Space
We're Here NOW! Come on Down!

J C

Oct 12, 2017, 1:13:57 PM10/12/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
30

On 12 Oct 2017 18:12, "Matt Dyson-Bird (CuppaMatt)" <keo...@gmail.com> wrote:
We're Here NOW! Come on Down!

J C

Oct 12, 2017, 1:13:58 PM10/12/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
There in 30

On 12 Oct 2017 18:12, "Matt Dyson-Bird (CuppaMatt)" <keo...@gmail.com> wrote:
We're Here NOW! Come on Down!

Andy51055

Oct 12, 2017, 1:17:48 PM10/12/17
to Leeds Hack Space
I'm with him (he has wheels).

On Thursday, October 12, 2017 at 6:13:58 PM UTC+1, Japoteg wrote:
There in 30

On 12 Oct 2017 18:12, "Matt Dyson-Bird (CuppaMatt)" <keo...@gmail.com> wrote:
We're Here NOW! Come on Down!

Matt Dyson-Bird (CuppaMatt)

Oct 12, 2017, 1:28:24 PM10/12/17
to Leeds Hack Space
Sweet, we're here chatting about characters & stuff :)

Matt Dyson-Bird (CuppaMatt)

Oct 12, 2017, 5:41:19 PM10/12/17
to Leeds Hack Space
The program I used to gen my character was PCGen which you can find here:

Pathfinder is currently on Humble Bundle here (the $1 level has the basic rules book!):

There are lots of blank character sheets for Pathfinder here:

Andy51055

Oct 13, 2017, 5:44:43 AM10/13/17
to Leeds Hack Space
For those who are interested, the dimension-hopping comedy I was talking about last night that wasn't Zapped was Tripped (http://www.channel4.com/programmes/tripped/on-demand/). Easy mistake to make...

Matt Dyson-Bird (CuppaMatt)

Oct 18, 2017, 7:08:57 AM10/18/17
to Leeds Hack Space
Does anyone have the email address we're supposed to be emailing our character sheets to? I lost my bit of paper I wrote it down on.
Looking forward to tomorrow though :)

Message has been deleted

Andy51055

Oct 18, 2017, 1:56:10 PM10/18/17
to Leeds Hack Space
You may want to delete this from a public forum. There is an option to pm the writer privately by clicking on the down arrow on the far right.

On Wednesday, October 18, 2017 at 6:10:46 PM UTC+1, Printed Props wrote:

The email is

Printed Props

Oct 18, 2017, 2:00:04 PM10/18/17
to Leeds Hack Space
thanks andy
hadn't acured to me :p

Matt Dyson-Bird (CuppaMatt)

Oct 18, 2017, 5:32:24 PM10/18/17
to Leeds Hack Space

Meet Novan & Sir Bitey

J C

Oct 19, 2017, 3:00:03 AM10/19/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Very nice :)

On 18 Oct 2017 22:32, "Matt Dyson-Bird (CuppaMatt)" <keo...@gmail.com> wrote:

Meet Novan & Sir Bitey

Matt Dyson-Bird (CuppaMatt)

Oct 20, 2017, 3:42:41 AM10/20/17
to Leeds Hack Space
I have made a new Google Group for us to discuss game related stuff as we discussed last night (so we don't clog up this group with RP stuff). I've named it pretty generically so it can be used for any future games too.

YOU CAN FIND IT HERE come on in & start discussions.

Tim Pinder

Oct 20, 2017, 5:51:02 AM10/20/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Matt
Appreciated :)

—
Tim

On 20 Oct 2017, at 08:42, Matt Dyson-Bird (CuppaMatt) <keo...@gmail.com> wrote:

I have made a new Google Group for us to discuss game related stuff as we discussed last night (so we don't clog up this group with RP stuff). I've named it pretty generically so it can be used for any future games too.

YOU CAN FIND IT HERE come on in & start discussions.

Tanya Perry

Oct 20, 2017, 10:15:20 AM10/20/17
to Leeds Hack Space
I have asked to be allowed in, cheers Matt!

simon.c...@gmail.com

Oct 27, 2017, 5:23:31 PM10/27/17
to Leeds Hack Space
Please can you give me access to the new page. Simon

Matt Dyson-Bird (CuppaMatt)

Oct 31, 2017, 5:20:04 AM10/31/17
to Leeds Hack Space
Ok, the group won't let me set it to "Anyone is allowed to join" (I get an error message, I presume I will be able to when Google fixes this) so I have to invite people in individually. Can you send me your email addresses please.

Printed Props

Oct 31, 2017, 5:22:04 AM10/31/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Lol
Good old google
Thanks mat

Matt Dyson-Bird (CuppaMatt)

Nov 2, 2017, 3:10:52 PM11/2/17
to Leeds Hack Space
NEW GROUP (the old one was being shitty & google couldn't help):
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/hackspacegaming

Everyone should be able to add themselves, it will ask you to tell me who you are and I will let you in then.

Tanya Perry

Jan 8, 2018, 11:45:49 AM1/8/18
to Leeds Hack Space
Hey guys!

I know you said you didn't want to clog up this group, but my membership is still pending for the D&D group, so I'm not able to reply to Rachael's post! From the looks of it, only Matt, Simon and Rachael are members which makes it awkward...

I'm up for this or next Thursday, either is fine :)

- Tanya (Gun Loda)

Printed Props

Jan 9, 2018, 4:26:09 AM1/9/18
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com

Hay all
Its been too long
Buy me and bikini won't be able to attend this Thursday as we're still suffering with the flu
That we've been passing back and forth since christmas day

Printed Props

Jan 9, 2018, 4:27:12 AM1/9/18
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com

Viki not bikini :/ oh and I have a new phone with new auto correct :p

Matt Dyson-Bird (CuppaMatt)

Jan 10, 2018, 4:06:44 AM1/10/18
to Leeds Hack Space
I've fixed all pending memberships! (sorry)

Sounds like we're off this week due to illness (everyone feel better soon!) but can't wait to see you all again for some gaming soon.