new R package : processR - Implementation of the PROCESS macro

Keon-Woong Moon

Mar 12, 2019, 10:50:04 PM3/12/19
to lavaan
Dear All,

I have developed a new R package  "processR" which perform moderation, mediation, moderated mediation and moderated moderation. Inspired from famous 'PROCESS' macro for 'SPSS' and 'SAS' created by Andrew Hayes.

You can install this from CRAN or Github.

Full vignette

You can see full vignette for model 8 at http://rpubs.com/cardiomoon/468602

Shiny App

I have developed a shiny app. You can test the app at http://web-r.space:3838/processR. I will appreciate any comment.

How to perform this analysis with shiny app

You can see how to perform this analysis at http://rpubs.com/cardiomoon/468600

Sample powerpoint file

In the shiny app, you can download the analysis results as a powerpoint file. You can download the sample file model8.pptx - view with office web viewer.

I am preparing a book "Conditional Process Analysis using R" with this package.

Thank you very much for your time. I will appreciate any comment.

Keon-Woong Moon

E-mail: cardi...@gmail.com

Professor of Cardiology

St.Vincent's Hospital

The Catholic University of Korea

Seoul, South Korea

Kabir Daljeet

Mar 22, 2019, 11:05:33 AM3/22/19
to lavaan
Hi!! Just wanted to say thank you for doing this, have you benchmarked any results against the process macro in SPSS? I look forwards to trying this later today!

문건웅

Mar 22, 2019, 12:44:26 PM3/22/19
to lav...@googlegroups.com
Hello! I have tested all models in Hayes’ book.

Thanks

文建雄의 iPhone에서 보냄

2019. 3. 23. 오전 12:05, Kabir Daljeet <kabir....@gmail.com> 작성:

Hi!! Just wanted to say thank you for doing this, have you benchmarked any results against the process macro in SPSS? I look forwards to trying this later today!

Kabir Daljeet

Mar 23, 2019, 12:32:06 AM3/23/19
to lavaan
The documentation for this package is extremely difficult to navigate and it is very very unclear how to best use this package. Even conducting simple moderation and mediation with this package is rather obtuse and challenging. I would like to strongly suggest revising your instructions and vignettes to be a bit more user friendly. In an ideal world I think users should be able to call a model specifically and feed it the variables it needs to produce the analysis. eg Model4 should be a function with arguments for Model4(Data, X="Height", Y="Weight", Mediator="Age" , ...) where ... are the additional arguments typically available in the process menus.

Borja Del Pozo Cruz

Mar 23, 2019, 12:49:18 AM3/23/19
to lav...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I think the package is a great idea and will facilitate running some of the more common models in a variety of disciplines to the wider community of researchers.
I particularly like the model representations.
And, to me, instructions are clear enough -plus there are a couple of vignettes that clarify even further how to use the package.
Thanks!
Borja

On Sat, 23 Mar 2019 at 15:32, Kabir Daljeet <kabir....@gmail.com> wrote:
The documentation for this package is extremely difficult to navigate and it is very very unclear how to best use this package. Even conducting simple moderation and mediation with this package is rather obtuse and challenging. I would like to strongly suggest revising your instructions and vignettes to be a bit more user friendly. In an ideal world I think users should be able to call a model specifically and feed it the variables it needs to produce the analysis. eg Model4 should be a function with arguments for Model4(Data, X="Height", Y="Weight", Mediator="Age" , ...) where ... are the additional arguments typically available in the process menus.

문건웅

Mar 23, 2019, 3:16:34 AM3/23/19
to lav...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

I apologize for the inconvenience with my package processR.

I am writing a book entitled “Conditional process analysis using R”.

And also l am writing several more vignettes.

Please wait for several weeks until my vignettes and book is ready.

Thank you for your interest in my package processR and watch the github page for more vignettes.

Best,

Keon-Woong Moon, MD,PhD
Professor of cardiology
St.Vincent’s Hospital
The Catholic University of Korea,
Seoul, South Korea

文建雄의 iPhone에서 보냄

2019. 3. 23. 오후 1:49, Borja Del Pozo Cruz <delp...@gmail.com> 작성:

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "lavaan" group.