decimal to binary converter code in lisp

Vishakha Jadhav

Jan 20, 2015, 11:28:53 PM1/20/15
to land-o...@googlegroups.com
plz give me
decimal to binary converter code in lisp

Mauricio

Jan 22, 2015, 10:12:27 AM1/22/15
to land-o...@googlegroups.com
There are several ways to do this, and some may be more appropriate to what you are attempting to use it for, but here is a recursive approach I used for certain purposes.

(defun dec->bin (n)
  "Converts a number to a list contaning its binary representation,
   LSB comes first"
  (multiple-value-bind (r m) (floor n 2)
    (if (= n 0) nil (cons m (dec->bin r)))))

Vishakha Jadhav

Jan 22, 2015, 11:11:09 AM1/22/15
to land-o...@googlegroups.com
thanks

John de la Garza

Jan 23, 2015, 8:42:01 PM1/23/15
to land-o...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 07:12:27AM -0800, Mauricio wrote:
> (defun dec->bin (n)
> "Converts a number to a list contaning its binary representation,
> LSB comes first"
> (multiple-value-bind (r m) (floor n 2)
> (if (= n 0) nil (cons m (dec->bin r)))))

nice

Pratik Doshi

Feb 25, 2017, 7:48:36 AM2/25/17
to Land of Lisp
Can you please let me know how to take input from user.

 I am trying to write code I want to write a function btod to turn a binary number represented as a list of digits into the equivalent decimal number, using reduce and lambda. For example, given the list (1 1 0 1) it should return the decimal number 13.

MY ANSWER IS:
(reduce (lambda (x y) (+ (* x 2) y)) '(1 1 0 1))

but instead of defining values (1 1 0 1)  I want to take value from user. Please help

Edward Kenworthy

Feb 25, 2017, 9:36:02 AM2/25/17
to Pratik Doshi, Land of Lisp

Two main ways, make it a web application (have a look at Hunchentoot and similar). Or from the command line like this from Practical Common Lisp:

(defun prompt-read (prompt)

  (format *query-io* "~a: " prompt)

  (force-output *query-io*)

  (read-line *query-io*))

Also see Chapter 6 of Land of Lisp.

Edward

P.S.

Just as a style note, use binary-to-decimal or binary->decimal rather than btod.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10