please Help me

NSHEMEZIMANA Claude

Aug 3, 2015, 11:56:35 AM8/3/15
to Kobo Users

Hi;
i'm using a smartphone to complete the form in kobocollect.
but when i send the data or when i want to dowload the form i have this message "la liste a echouée. hppts://kc.humanitarianresponse.info/sfc_vugizo fromList responded with:INTERNAL SERVER ERROR 500.

whow can i resolve this error?

Think you

Tino Kreutzer

Aug 3, 2015, 1:52:45 PM8/3/15
to kobo-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Claude,

Please try it again multiple times, it is most likely that you are seeing this error due to a issue with your Internet connection.

Also, it seems from checking your account that you have not yet deployed a data collection project from your form drafts. After building your forms you need to click on the green button “Deploy form as a new data collection project” to be able to collect data to it.

(Please don't send multiple emails to our different channels, that makes responding more difficult for us).

Best,
Tino

ma...@de-france.net

Aug 6, 2015, 5:15:39 AM8/6/15
to Kobo Users
Dear Claude and Kobo users,
We've been having the same problems for a couple of days and have spent this morning trying to understand the source: we therefore used different phones, android versions, ODK versions, different accounts etc with no success.

We were starting to think it was a zoning issue as it was working fine in Germany and Switzerland but in France and RCA no phones were working.

WeWe've finally found the reason why it wasn't working: if your phone is in french it will not function, but if you switch your phone language to english for example it will work. I'll email the Kobo support team asap to let them know the problem.

Best,

Maeve (CartONG)

I'l

Tino Kreutzer

Aug 6, 2015, 6:31:38 PM8/6/15
to kobo-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Maeve,
Thanks for confirming this - I've just been able to reproduce the issue by setting the device to French. Strangely though, we've had a lot of submissions from devices set to French, so it's not always the case.

We're looking into this and will send an update shortly.

Tino

ma...@de-france.net

Aug 7, 2015, 9:33:30 AM8/7/15
to Kobo Users
Dear Tino,
Thanks for the update.
All the phones that we tested or our partners tested confirmed this, so can't help you on why it would work in some cases but not in others which could help solve the issue...
Best,
Maeve

Tino Kreutzer

Aug 7, 2015, 11:56:36 AM8/7/15
to kobo-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
We've been able to confirm the root cause of this, which also explains why this issue suddenly occurred last week: Collect is sending a Unicode character when the language is set to French in the HTTP Date header, e.g. ven., 07 août 2015 06:18:31 GMT+00:00, and our server's OAuth library couldn't handle it due to an API change we committed recently.

We're working on the fix and will have it up soon.

Tino

Tino Kreutzer

Aug 8, 2015, 8:40:40 AM8/8/15
to kobo-...@googlegroups.com
This is just to confirm that the submission/retrieval error has just been fixed.

It only affected users using KoBoCollect on a device set to French and a few other languages, and was caused by a recent API update deployed on our side.

Apologies to anyone affected by this issue.

Best,
Tino

Maeve de FRANCE

Aug 11, 2015, 5:43:00 AM8/11/15