Records are stored inside browser and aren't uploaded out

Eugene Shutoff

Jul 1, 2016, 9:01:08 AM7/1/16
to Kobo Users
  • Hi all,
after form's submition I've got error message:
"The data server for your form or the Enketo server is down. Please try again later or contact sup...@kobotoolbox.org."
and forms accumulated locally and don't fly to the server.

Could anybody help? KOBO admins are veeeery slow guys...

Best wishes

Tino Kreutzer

Jul 13, 2016, 5:01:14 PM7/13/16
to Kobo Users
Hi Eugene,
Could you send us the specific form URL and the project URL that you're having this issue with to sup...@kobotoolbox.org?

Thanks,
Tino

Eugene Shutoff

Jul 14, 2016, 12:57:06 AM7/14/16
to kobo-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

https://kc.humanitarianresponse.info/nrc_ukraine/forms/unifd-eform-2016
and
and
temporarily I turned on "Accept Submissions"

Best wishes, Eugene

Best wishes, Eugene

Tino Kreutzer

Jul 14, 2016, 9:25:33 AM7/14/16
to kobo-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eugene,
I tested and was able to submit an instance to your form. As you mentioned that you just enabled 'accept submissions' is it possible that it was turned off while you were trying to get the instances to upload? It will not work unless 'accept submissions' is enabled. We have instructions on how to download and manually upload your data in case you don't have time to troubleshoot further:  http://support.kobotoolbox.org/customer/portal/articles/2038555-manually-uploading-submissions

Best,
Tino

Eugene Shutoff

Jul 14, 2016, 9:58:28 AM7/14/16
to kobo-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tino,

No, this form was able to accept submissions, it was switched on.

Below are some my notes and thoughts :)
But I marked that sometimes only first attempt was successful, but not the rest.
Also I noticed when I split out this form on 3 different projects (Counseling Form, Information Form, Training Form) and exclude select_one with selection of specific Form, every of them was submitted without any problem.
Maybe any of conditions in "relevant" field prevent submitting?

Best wishes, Eugene

Tino Kreutzer

Jul 14, 2016, 10:59:28 AM7/14/16
to kobo-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eugene,
I don't think the form content will ever have anything to do with the uploads, they are completely separate. So I this was just a coincidence. But if you do have a procedure on how to reproduce the form _not_ uploading a submission that can always be reproduced please send the exact steps so we can try to replicate it.

In the meantime, I hope with the procedure I sent you'll be able to submit your data already?

Best,
Tino