Error evaluating field

Jusca

Apr 27, 2016, 1:58:44 AM4/27/16
to Kobo Users
Hi

Thanks for such a great application. Recently I encountered a issue with KoBo. An error appeared while filling the form on my screen since then I am even unable to open the respective form.
Kindly find the attached screenshot of the error. I built forms using 'Start from Scratch' option. I am also attaching the form which i am facing issue. Kindly help me in resolving this issue.

thanks and regards,
jusca

IMG-20160419-WA0020.jpg
Observation_checklist.xls

Tino Kreutzer

May 4, 2016, 5:08:10 PM5/4/16
to Kobo Users
Hi Jusca,

In your form you're using the question "What_are_primary_secondary_an_" in a repeat group, and in your other question "Appearance_of_primary_settlers" you're referring to the repeating question through skip logic. You can't refer to a repeating question since the answer may be different in each repeating group (you'll only see this error if you've filled the repeat group more than once). So to fix this just remove this and any other skip logic condition that refers to a repeat group.

Best,
Tino

Rohit Chandragiri

May 4, 2016, 10:52:26 PM5/4/16
to kobo-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tino,

Thanks for your response. In such cases, could you kindly support me which skip logic condition has to be inputted in order to get the desired output.

Tino Kreutzer

May 5, 2016, 8:06:13 AM5/5/16
to kobo-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rohit,
I'm not sure what the desired output is in your form, but to fix the error you saw in Collect simply take out all skip logic conditions that refer to the question "What are primary, secondary and tertiary treatment stages of the system? Specify further details about component in the below provided text field." ('What_are_primary_secondary_an_') -- you have several question refer to this question.

Alternatively, you could not use a repeat group and instead add three sets of questions for primary, secondary, and tertiary treatment stages and build your skip logic so that it works with one or all of these three variations of the same question.

Best,
Tino