Likert Scale

Nick Duncan

Mar 30, 2015, 7:54:09 AM3/30/15
to kobo-...@googlegroups.com
I have a large number of responses that are Likert style (1-5)
I filled out one long set of questions which required a yes no response, and that was fine.
I saved the question and duplicated it, expecting to be able to turn it from a binary to a scaled response.
I cannot find a way to do this. Multiple responses seem fine, but multiple responses AND scales I can't find, nor a way of editing this aspect of the question.
Ideally, the range would pop up when pressed and the user would just select 1-5 as on a date wheel.
Any help much appreciated.
Nick

Tino Kreutzer

Mar 30, 2015, 10:52:43 AM3/30/15
to kobo-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Nick,
I'm not sure I entirely understand your question. To add a likert scale question just add a new question with the response type Select One, then enter the five options below (very good, good, etc).

If you would like the 5 options to appear as a date-style dial, that's not possible unfortunately. But you can change the appearance of the question to be a dropdown rather than a list with radio buttons. For this just go to the question settings and under Appearance choose 'minimal'.

Best,
Tino

Nick Duncan

Mar 30, 2015, 10:55:30 AM3/30/15
to kobo-...@googlegroups.com
I see, Thanks Tino - I had put a large number of options in a single question on which I was going to have multiple selections.
I'll just do them as separate questions.
Best,
Nick

An Englishman, even if he is alone,
forms an orderly queue of one.
--George Mikes

Nick Duncan

Mar 30, 2015, 11:01:27 AM3/30/15
to kobo-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I just looked at this, and indeed it is possible, but it will take up a lot of real estate (I have 100 items in a personality test).
Nevertheless I'll give it a try for usability.
Thanks again,
Nick