Knockout.js performance issues and memory leaks in large data grids - want to hire an expert consultant

Patrick Parker

Aug 10, 2016, 6:07:22 AM8/10/16
to KnockoutJS, pat...@patrickparker.com
We are looking for someone with deep expertise in Knockout.js to resolve performance issues and memory leaks in our large data grids. We are currently using Knockout.js 2.2.1 and need a fast solution if possible.

Thanks!

Patrick

Perf.docx

Michael Best

Aug 10, 2016, 2:49:35 PM8/10/16
to KnockoutJS, pat...@patrickparker.com
Perhaps you should upgrade to a newer version of Knockout. There are many performance improvements in the newer versions.

Patrick Parker

Aug 10, 2016, 4:15:37 PM8/10/16
to KnockoutJS, pat...@patrickparker.com

Thanks for the reply but we upgraded today and are still seeing the same memory leak. It rapidly climbs to over 1Gb and IE becomes unstable.

Patrick

Patrick Parker

Aug 10, 2016, 4:25:47 PM8/10/16
to KnockoutJS, pat...@patrickparker.com
FYI - The memory leaks only happen in IE not Chrome

Patrick

Gunnar Liljas

Aug 10, 2016, 4:27:36 PM8/10/16
to knock...@googlegroups.com
Large grids are always problematic (and, to be honest, often a bad UI choice). Iterating both horizontally and vertically can kill performance, due to DOM reflushing. Maybe you could create a small jsfiddle showing the problem?

/G

noirabys

Aug 17, 2016, 9:37:17 AM8/17/16
to KnockoutJS, pat...@patrickparker.com
hi,
have you found the cause of your problems ?
if so please share problem and potential solutions...

best regards,
  noirabys