Feature request: Copy/Move Entry to other Group

Matt

Nov 5, 2010, 3:23:56 PM11/5/10
to KeePassDroid
As sometimes happens, you add a new entry to the wrong group. Rather
than Delete, it would be nice to have a Copy and Move function to
change where the Entry resides.

The implementation would be to simply long press on the Entry and have
Move and Copy as menu items to fulfill the request.

Thanks!

rodger....@gmail.com

Jul 10, 2015, 1:57:30 AM7/10/15
to keepassdro...@googlegroups.com, mattmc...@gmail.com
Please, i have the same request!  I love Keepassdroid but that would such a helpful option & so many people have the same requests... Maybe i don't understand how this forum works but it seems like no one is answering this question. are we asking in the wrong place?

moonp...@gmail.com

Aug 14, 2015, 5:02:27 PM8/14/15
to KeePassDroid, mattmc...@gmail.com
If you've not figured it out yet, you can move entries by long pressing them and choosing the 'move to another group' option when the menu comes up.

rodger....@gmail.com

Sep 17, 2015, 12:00:18 AM9/17/15
to KeePassDroid, mattmc...@gmail.com, moonp...@gmail.com
what am i missing, when i long press on an entry, the options that i have are "Open" or "Delete"

t...@orange.net

Jan 22, 2016, 3:52:32 PM1/22/16
to KeePassDroid
rodger, thats all I see too...

danwilli...@gmail.com

May 14, 2018, 3:24:42 AM5/14/18
to KeePassDroid
me too, those are the only options I see

a.ha...@gmail.com

Sep 1, 2018, 9:42:01 AM9/1/18
to KeePassDroid
I don't have such an option. For long press  I only get "Öffnen" (German for 'open') and "Löschen" (German for 'delete').

jack...@gmail.com

Nov 11, 2018, 11:35:42 AM11/11/18
to KeePassDroid
I use KeePass on Android and Windows, and on Android I only see Open and Delete as well. Windows has other options on right-click but there is no move. I had asked the forum about adding a move on Windows over a year ago and still haven't seen it. With all the comp!ex funtionality this app has I thought this would be simple, it is duplicate to a different group. But I love the app, do I am not going anywhere else.
(and in moonp... defense, I might be dreaming but I did think I had seen a move at one point, but i can't find it now)

joesala...@gmail.com

May 24, 2019, 11:35:29 AM5/24/19
to KeePassDroid
Wow, mid 2019, almost 10 years later, and this feature was never implemented....

Bruce

Aug 17, 2019, 1:28:47 PM8/17/19
to KeePassDroid
Would also still like to that Feature Request take place {Copy/Move Entry to other Group}.

rieksj...@gmail.com

May 3, 2020, 9:06:31 AM5/3/20
to KeePassDroid
I second this feature request.

rieksj...@gmail.com

May 3, 2020, 9:07:12 AM5/3/20
to KeePassDroid
+1.

jon.k....@gmail.com

Jun 30, 2020, 12:15:17 PM6/30/20
to KeePassDroid
+1 - Definitely interested in this. Not, of course, about to start holding my breath...

michal.ko...@gmail.com

Aug 13, 2020, 10:16:07 AM8/13/20
to KeePassDroid
+1

Meanwhile, I am moving entries and groups in the Windows application as I use one DB in the cloud on all my devices.
Being able to move entries on Android devices would save me some extra hustle.

Thank you.

Garth Craig

Oct 6, 2020, 10:53:15 AM10/6/20
to KeePassDroid
I just stumbled across how to move entries in keepass2 for android,  hope this is the right place to post this.

Long press the entry you want to move, then at the top of the screen click on the scissors

Down at the bottom you should now see INSERT HERE and CANCEL

Move to the folder you want to move the entry to and touch INSERT HERE, and it will move the entry to the new location.

You can also edit Group Names by long pressing them, then hitting the pencil up the top to edit...

Kevin Klein

Oct 7, 2020, 1:29:06 AM10/7/20
to KeePassDroid
Please post some screen shots as what you're stating does not show for me. What phone and version of Android are you using as well as app version? Thanks.

An Harald

Oct 8, 2020, 5:43:24 AM10/8/20
to keepassdro...@googlegroups.com
Hello Kevin,
thank you for asking.
Here is a screenshot, when I long press an entry.
KeePassDroid Version 2.5.14
Android Version 7.0
Best regards

Screenshot_20201008-112532.png

Jack Morrison

Oct 8, 2020, 9:39:52 AM10/8/20
to KeePassDroid
I am also using KeePassDroid Version 2.5.14 and the two words in the screenshot are OPEN and DELETE, which is what I see as well. I think the issue is KeePassDroid vs KeePass2 for Android. I installed KeePass2 and after some sillyness getting it so see my existing KeePassDroid database, I get Delete, Copy and Cut when I long press. I like KeePass2, but I have to figure out how it does file management before I switch from KeePassDroid.

Kevin Klein

Oct 8, 2020, 12:59:33 PM10/8/20
to keepassdro...@googlegroups.com
I too am using v2.5.14 along w Android 10 on a Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus. Sadly I only see Open & Delete following a long press.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S9+

robsonherve

Jan 12, 2022, 6:19:10 AM1/12/22
to KeePassDroid

Hi all, in KeePass (on Win) there is an easy way to move an entry from one group to another group:
- "edit" the entry
- in the uppermost position in the "edit" dialog window, select another group (than the current one) from the dropdown menu
- done