Anyone else getting a fatal error from Joomla/input/Input?

Mathew Lenning

Sep 29, 2020, 8:51:14 PM9/29/20
to Joomla! CMS Development
Craziest thing just happen.

I was updating a component on my test site and I got a fatal error with the below description.

' Fatal error: Class Joomla\Input\Input contains 2 abstract methods and must therefore be declared abstract or implement the remaining methods (Serializable::3 , Serializable::1 ) in C:\...\libraries\vendor\joomla\input\src\Input.php on line 41'

I check the local history for that file and nothing has changed. I also tried making it abstract and that caused the next fatal error.

'Fatal error: Class Joomla\CMS\Input\Input contains 2 abstract methods and must therefore be declared abstract or implement the remaining methods (Serializable::3 , Serializable::1 ) in C:\...\libraries\src\Input\Input.php on line 31'

Anyone seen this?

ced1870

Sep 30, 2020, 2:35:28 AM9/30/20
to Joomla! CMS Development
Hi, no problem there with JInput from Joomla3 nor Joomla4
does the issue happen only in your component ? or in the whole website?
CEd

Rudolf Baláš

Sep 30, 2020, 3:11:13 AM9/30/20
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
I don't use your component, then
no, I don't see...

Maybe better is, then you send info about your component?

P.S:
I think error is not in Joomla, but before, when you use input from Joomla.

Mathew Lenning

Sep 30, 2020, 7:00:32 PM9/30/20
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
Appreciate the responses. The problem is with the entire site (localhost luckily)

Although I'm positive it isn't my component causing the issue directly (stack trace doesn't even get past the WebApplication::__construct method)
since no one else seems to be experiencing this, something must have gotten corrupted during the component installation process.

I'll keep hunting and post when I figure out what it is just in case someone else manages to hit the magic button. Whatever that button might be lol.

Sincerely,
Mathew Lenning

LinkedIn Profile

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Joomla! CMS Development" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/joomla-dev-cms/CADswCfidjR7-YUQiv9p5jSo8iM8BXJnJNNHNp2xcA64NLp9TMw%40mail.gmail.com.

Mathew Lenning

Sep 30, 2020, 7:16:36 PM9/30/20
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
Alright, I got the site back up and running. Not sure if this will help anyone, but basically I went to make a fresh install of Joomla and the same damn error popped up when trying to use native Joomla installation process.

So I restarted my test server (ampps) and magically the error was gone. I guess the solution to everything is really is "unplug it and then plug it back in: lol

Sincerely,
Mathew Lenning

LinkedIn Profile