withMaven Artifacts URL

Bernardo Vale

Aug 13, 2018, 9:03:19 PM8/13/18
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys.

I'm looking for a way to programmatically determine the URL of an artifact generated by withMaven (Maven Pipeline Plugin).

When I deploy an artifact using withMaven, it generates the URL of each artifact inside: $JENKINS_SERVER/path/to/job/8/maven

I'd like to programmatically consume this information.

Baptiste Mathus

Aug 14, 2018, 11:56:49 AM8/14/18
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
I think you should file a jira and articulate your use case. I know for sure the developers would be interested to cover other use cases if they can be interesting to most people.

Cheers

Cyrille Le Clerc

Aug 15, 2018, 10:34:52 AM8/15/18
to Jenkins Users
Thanks Bernardo for your interest in the Pipeline Maven integration.

Can you please describe more the data you are interested in so that we can fine tune the solution?

Is it primarily the URLs of the artifacts deployed on your Maven repository (Nexus, Artifactory...)? Are you interested in more data (dependencies, test reports...)? hat is the role of the system that will consume these data? Is this system consuming data from other systems? How does it proceeds? what's the APIs & data formats?

Cyrille

Bernardo Vale

Aug 15, 2018, 11:01:05 AM8/15/18
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for Replying Cyrille.

Is it primarily the URLs of the artifacts deployed on your Maven repository (Nexus, Artifactory...)?

Yes, that's it! The only information I need is the artifact URL.

Screen Shot 2018-08-15 at 11.56.31.png

That's all I need, artifact name and Artifactory/Nexus URL.

My current solution is archive the artifact so I can scrap the build URL using buildnum/api/json?tree=artifact[*] and get the URL.

It would be a better solution for me If I could instead find the deployed artifact URL using the Jenkins API.

Harsh Shah

Apr 19, 2019, 4:04:54 PM4/19/19
to Jenkins Users
Any update on the API to get the published artifacts url into a variable?
I want to use the generated URL in mail description.

Thanks.

Cyrille Le Clerc

Apr 22, 2019, 6:24:06 AM4/22/19
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Can you clarify what you mean by a "variable", where do you want to use such data? In pipeline groovy code?
Do you have examples of other pipeline steps that expose data you like to consume?

Cyrille Le Clerc