How to delete the old name of a renamed repository in an organization folder (multibranch pipeline)

Amedee Van Gasse

Feb 17, 2021, 8:32:13 AM2/17/21
to Jenkins Users
I have a Bitbucket project organization folder.
Each repository inside the project is a multibranch pipeline.

A few weeks ago one of the repositories inside the project was renamed.
The old repository name is still shown in Jenkins, as disabled.

How do I remove the old repository name?
I have already done multiple scans of the organization folder.

Mark Waite

Feb 17, 2021, 9:55:26 AM2/17/21
to Jenkins Users
I've used the "Delete" selection from the dropdown menu to remove individual builds (like the disabled PR jobs that are visible on ci.jenkins.io) and pull request jobs.  Maybe that would work for disabled organization folder jobs as well?

Harry G.

Feb 17, 2021, 12:18:16 PM2/17/21
to Jenkins Users
We have the same issue.
Dropdown delete only works for disabled branches, not for repos.
And it's even worse: Jenkins recognizes the new repo name and also renames the display name, which looks like duplicated folders if you don't check the URL!

The only workaround I see currently is to delete the folder on disk and reload config from disk.

As this seems to be a clear bug, I filed it now: https://issues.jenkins.io/browse/JENKINS-64894
This is more serious as it sounds, as it is very confusing for the users because of the duplicate folder with same display name.

Amedee Van Gasse

Feb 17, 2021, 1:20:25 PM2/17/21
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Doesn't work. There is no Delete.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Jenkins Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/CAO49JtGHb0VorAsxyqBu1oRpu%3DrsoB9HzknvLOrQFhd5kft2OQ%40mail.gmail.com.

--
Amedee Van Gasse
Email: ame...@vangasse.eu

Amedee Van Gasse

Feb 17, 2021, 1:25:24 PM2/17/21
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Here at my end the display name of the old repo is not changed.
Other than that, same symptoms.

I do not have access to the disk that contains the Jenkins folders, as this is a server managed by our hosting company, and currently I do not feel comfortable with them digging deep down into the Jenkins internals.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Jenkins Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/adcf1da2-254c-4f22-877c-6b5ee0ba8704n%40googlegroups.com.

Harry G.

Feb 18, 2021, 11:52:09 AM2/18/21
to Jenkins Users
If you cannot delete on disk, I see only 2 options left:
- wait until the bug is fixed https://issues.jenkins.io/browse/JENKINS-64894 - might take some time I guess
- if you don't care about build history, delete and recreate the entire multibranch project and re-scan

Amedee Van Gasse

Feb 23, 2021, 5:54:04 AM2/23/21
to Jenkins Users
I care about history, so I'll wait.