Request to become maintainer of the Parameterized Remote Trigger Plugin

Kai-Hsiang Chang

Apr 19, 2018, 9:51:48 PM4/19/18
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

this plugin hasn't been updated for at least 2 years,

I'd like to ask the permission to maintain the plugin.

please help me with that.

Thanks

Daniel Beck

Apr 20, 2018, 4:11:30 AM4/20/18
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com

Tony Noble

Apr 20, 2018, 8:41:52 AM4/20/18
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, ku...@gmx.de
I'll happily co-maintain if required.  There's a PR needing to be merged to make it work with CSRF protection (that I've suggested a minor change to) that really could do with being applied, amongst others.

Christoph shows as last person to make any git commits, so I've cc'd him.

Tony

github id: TonyNoble
Jenkins JIRA id: stealthdj

Kai-Hsiang Chang

Apr 23, 2018, 2:13:54 AM4/23/18
to Jenkins Developers
@Tony, thx for the cc.

github id: cashlalala
Jenkins JIRA id: cashlalala

Tony Noble於 2018年4月20日星期五 UTC+8下午8時41分52秒寫道:

On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 9:11 AM, Daniel Beck <m...@beckweb.net> wrote:

> On 20. Apr 2018, at 03:51, Kai-Hsiang Chang <cash...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> this plugin hasn't been updated for at least 2 years,
>
> I'd like to ask the permission to maintain the plugin.
>
> please help me with that.

Please follow the instructions from https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/Adopt+a+Plugin#AdoptaPlugin-IknowwhichpluginIwanttohelpwith,whatshouldIdonow?

Oleg Nenashev

Apr 24, 2018, 4:31:16 AM4/24/18
to Jenkins Developers
I would like to point out that there is a major work being done on Pipeline compatibility in https://github.com/jenkinsci/parameterized-remote-trigger-plugin/pull/32 . It would be great to invite Alejandra Ferreiro Vidal and Alexander Link to this discussion. Will do that.

BR, Oleg

Alexander Link

Apr 24, 2018, 7:18:37 AM4/24/18
to Jenkins Developers

Hi,

as Oleg mentioned we did many changes to this plugin in the last 2 years – in our fork unfortunately, since contribution did not work due to missing maintainers.

You find all changes in our openSource branch: https://github.com/sap-production/parameterized-remote-trigger-plugin/tree/openSource

We don’t have enough resources to become maintainers ourselves, but we are happy to support you with this plugin.

My recommendation would be to decide on this PR first to avoid later conflicts: https://github.com/jenkinsci/parameterized-remote-trigger-plugin/pull/32

Kind regards, Alex

PS: Here some additional comments about the Pull Request:

https://github.com/jenkinsci/parameterized-remote-trigger-plugin/pull/32#issuecomment-373000207

https://github.com/jenkinsci/parameterized-remote-trigger-plugin/pull/32#issuecomment-338175831

Tony Noble

Apr 24, 2018, 7:45:04 AM4/24/18
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
I did spend some time looking at that PR, but it appears as though there is still work to be done on it, or at least, changes requested.

Is that not the case?  I got a little lost trying to figure out what was still to be done.

Tony

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/372bf671-47a6-4fa1-ae10-132599a3ca28%40googlegroups.com.

Alexander Link

Apr 24, 2018, 8:22:37 AM4/24/18
to Jenkins Developers
Hi Tony,

We incorporated much of the feedback by Oleg (thanks again for the review!), but yes, I think there are still some unprocessed comments (those without +1 marker). We need to decide how urgent they are - currently we are not working on them due to capacity reasons.

Nevertheless you need to know we are using this version of the plugin productively on more than hundred (team) Jenkinses in our company. Identified bugs in the last 2 years have been fixed, this most likely includes bugs which are still contained in the current official version of the plugin.

Kind regards,
Alex

Kai-Hsiang Chang

Apr 24, 2018, 9:45:22 AM4/24/18
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex,

If this version has been tested & run for 2 years in your company, I think it's okay to just apply this huge PR and refine the code quality & the comments later.
But this is just my opinion, I'm not the maintainer.

Alexander Link

Apr 27, 2018, 2:55:19 AM4/27/18
to Jenkins Developers
Hi,

We will check the urgency and process the urgent ones.

But in general we are using the plugin productively and never had severe issues. Minor bugs (recognized in our scenarios) have been fixed.
I would also vote for merging this PR first. We already tried to split it up into single meaningful PRs but this is almost not possible anymore.

It seems you will be the maintainer in future, so you have to decide if the changes are good enough :)

Thanks a lot and kind regards,
Alex
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to jenkinsci-de...@googlegroups.com.

Kai-Hsiang Chang

May 10, 2018, 2:55:53 AM5/10/18
to Jenkins Developers
Hi Daniel,

it seems no response from the owner, maybe we can start the process?

Alexander Link於 2018年4月27日星期五 UTC+8下午2時55分19秒寫道:

Oleg Nenashev

May 10, 2018, 7:37:10 AM5/10/18
to Jenkins Developers
Hi all,

Cristoph has been pinged on April 20 in this thread.So yes, we can do the permission transfer.

I have granted permissions to Kai-Hsiang and Tony. Kai-Hsiang is also a default assignee in JIRA now. In order to do a release, you will also need to update https://github.com/jenkins-infra/repository-permissions-updater.

Welcome aboard!

Best regards,
Oleg