Safari icon plugin

Sunil Patel

Oct 8, 2015, 1:56:33 PM10/8/15
to Jenkins Developers
Hello!

Safari 9.0 introduced the ability to pin tabs. The icons for these must be a solid black svg (and as such the favicon can't be used).

If you want to add the icon to your jenkins, my super tiny plug-in to do that is here:
https://github.com/srpatel/jenkins-pinned-tab

(jenkins-ci username = archduke)

Thanks
sunil.

jenkins-pin.png

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Oct 8, 2015, 2:03:36 PM10/8/15
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, this is cool.

Any reason this shouldn't be a part of the core? I'd love to integrate it in there. It's just adding a <link> tag, right?

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Sunil Patel

Oct 8, 2015, 2:41:32 PM10/8/15
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
No reason for it not to be in the core, I'd love for that to happen!
And that's right, nothing more than the <link>.

I just made the plugin so I could start using the icon at work straight away and thought I may as well share it :)

sunil.

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Oct 8, 2015, 8:27:17 PM10/8/15
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Yes, it's totally cool that you did this plugin. I don't meant to imply that you shouldn't have done that. Quite the opposite.

I've added this for 1.633.

Kohsuke Kawaguchi