Commit access to plugin office-365-connector-plugin

damian.pu...@gmail.com

Feb 17, 2019, 6:27:53 PM2/17/19
to Jenkins Developers
Hi,

As active user and contributor of the office-365-connector-plugin I'd like to have permission to merge and publish new versions.

There are a few reasons for that:
  • plugin is currently unmaintainable by owners - last release took place almost year ago
  • there are waiting pull requests, bug fixes are merged but released yet
  • I use this plugin on production so then I can keep quality and perform tests before merge/release, I wrote several tests for this plugin
  • Number of installations has doubled in last year (and is related to Microsoft Teams popularity) so we need to make this plugin active...
  • ... and at least support several requests or bugs that are waiting for feedback
I'm the owner/maintainer of a few other popular Jenkins plugins so I believe I can handle this

Thanks,
Damian

Joseph P

Feb 19, 2019, 3:59:02 AM2/19/19
to Jenkins Developers
You should cc the original authors.

Damian Szczepanik

Feb 19, 2019, 3:55:47 PM2/19/19
to Joseph P, jenkin...@googlegroups.com, sya...@gmail.com
I don't know who is the original author but I see you have merged recent commits then I believe your opinion matters.

Also added second maintainer to CC.

Damian

Tyler Smith

Feb 20, 2019, 6:31:41 PM2/20/19
to Jenkins Developers
With the rise in popularity of MS Teams, this plugin needs an active maintainer or two.  There are many bug fixes and features waiting for a maintainer to merge and released.  I think the original author is `outconn` and he hasn't been very active in GitHub in the last year, how can we go over his head to get Damian named the maintainer?

Tyler

Joseph P

Feb 21, 2019, 2:29:28 AM2/21/19
to Jenkins Developers
The procedure is pretty clear: https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/Adopt+a+Plugin#AdoptaPlugin-Requestcommitaccess

We have to wait for 2 weeks 🙂

Daniel Beck

Feb 21, 2019, 4:43:06 AM2/21/19
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com

> On 21. Feb 2019, at 08:29, Joseph P <jose...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> We have to wait for 2 weeks 🙂

Please also try to contact the original maintainer.

Damian Szczepanik

Feb 21, 2019, 3:13:00 PM2/21/19
to Daniel Beck, jenkin...@googlegroups.com
I've provided information requested by Nishant Garg who sent me
private email.

Damian

Damian Szczepanik

Mar 12, 2019, 2:23:44 AM3/12/19
to Daniel Beck, jenkin...@googlegroups.com, Joseph P
Hi,

So as I said, I've provided information which was requested by Nishant
but then the communication has died.

I was trying to get the feedback or status two times during last week
but without any success :(

Damian

Baptiste Mathus

Mar 15, 2019, 9:53:59 AM3/15/19
to Jenkins Developers, Daniel Beck, Joseph P
Not sure who is that Nishant you are talking about, can't find a reference in that thread apart from yours.

I think we can move forward though. Last commit in April 2018.

As Joseph said, also, following the process helps everyone :). Just had to look up your GH username, and that almost made me hop to some other task :).

@Damian remember to file the necessary PR for releasing once you're at this point. Just gave you merge permission.

You should have received the invitation, welcome and thanks for the proposal!

Cheers!

FTR
[14:51] <+     batmat> | jenkins-admin: yo
[14:51] <@jenkins-adm> | Wut?
[14:52] <+     batmat> | jenkins-admin: make DamianSzczepanik committer on office-365-connector-plugin
[14:52] <@jenkins-adm> | Added DamianSzczepanik as a GitHub committer for repository office-365-connector-plugin
[14:52] <+     batmat> | jenkins-admin: thanks
[14:52] <@jenkins-adm> | You're welcome