Proposal: Jenkins CDF Graduation July 28th

Tracy Miranda

Jun 11, 2020, 5:39:55 PM6/11/20
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com

All,

Last year Jenkins became a CD.Foundation project. The Technical Oversight Committee (TOC) of CDF set out a project lifecycle for projects as part of the governance model. CDF is proposing Jenkins be the first project to go through the process and "graduate" i.e. demonstrate it has met the acceptance criteria.

Dan Lorenc, the current TOC Chair, joined the Jenkins Governance meeting this month for an overview of the process and we had a discussion around the criteria. In short, there are a few housekeeping things to do for Jenkins to graduate, and the process has already been beneficial to the project health (e.g. helping identify that we need to strengthen the triage team, update Code-of-Conduct, etc). Project graduation will also be an opportunity to promote the Jenkins project via CDF channels and highlight how the project goes from strength to strength.

I would like to propose that the Jenkins Community commit to graduating by the end of July, i.e. on July 28th 2020 at the CDF TOC meeting, we show how we've met the criteria and ask for a vote.

(Note: this schedule allows CDF to graduate Jenkins as the first project but also in a timely way so other CDF projects may also graduate in 2020.)

Please go ahead and vote/comment on this proposal.

Regards,

Tracy

Marky Jackson

Jun 11, 2020, 6:16:35 PM6/11/20
to 'Gavin Mogan' via Jenkins Developers
+1 from me

signature.asc

Oleg Nenashev

Jun 12, 2020, 9:43:51 AM6/12/20
to Jenkins Developers
I have started a Google Doc with a checklist: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ldmtny6OfEtQlCqdFWqq9Z25cxkZFX6yNiRqOOxo77c/edit?usp=sharing
Please feel free to contribute and suggest changes!

Best regards,
Oleg

On Friday, June 12, 2020 at 12:16:35 AM UTC+2, Marky Jackson wrote:
+1 from me

On Jun 11, 2020, at 2:39 PM, Tracy Miranda <tmir...@cloudbees.com> wrote:

[...]

Mark Waite

Jun 16, 2020, 4:19:00 PM6/16/20
to Jenkins Developers
I've reviewed the document.  I like the goal to complete the open items by the end of July.

I'm very much +1 for the goal to achieve certification by July 28, 2020.

Marky Jackson

Jun 16, 2020, 4:24:24 PM6/16/20
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
I am in favor of this timeline and the acceptance criteria

Vlad Silverman

Jun 16, 2020, 5:17:42 PM6/16/20
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
+1 from me on achieving CDF Graduation by July 28 based on listed Criteria Checklist

Thx, Vlad

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/e483e68c-08de-4843-af21-0c00b0a5d574o%40googlegroups.com.

Oleg Nenashev

Jul 9, 2020, 12:50:17 PM7/9/20
to JenkinsCI Developers, Jenkins Governance Board
Hi all,

Status update: We have completed the CDF Graduation checklist.IMHO we are ready to proceed and initiate the graduation process on the Continuous Delivery Foundation side.

Status details:
If the Jenkins developers and board members agree, I will send an official request to CDF TOC on behalf of the Jenkins project. I would appreciate any feedback!

Thanks in advance,
Oleg Nenashev

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/B76A4C6D-32CA-43A6-91BD-70C6B2CA548C%40gmail.com.

Mark Waite

Jul 9, 2020, 5:07:38 PM7/9/20
to Jenkins Developers
I've reviewed the security checklist document and am ready to be a member of the Jenkins bug triage team.

As a Jenkins developer, I agree that we're read to send the official graduation request to the CDF TOC.

Mark Waite

Olblak

Jul 10, 2020, 3:33:28 AM7/10/20
to Jenkins Developers
Well done Oleg, you did a really great work to have crystal clear and well-summarized answers to the various questions asked here and I am really happy that based on the questions asked you identified lack of documentation and addressed them.

Oleg Nenashev

Jul 13, 2020, 10:27:38 PM7/13/20
to Jenkins Developers
Hi all,

Based on the discussion at the previous Governance board meeting and further reviews, we have initiated the review by the CDF Technical Oversight Committee. Email thread on the CDF TOC side: https://lists.cd.foundation/g/cdf-toc/message/471. Review of our application has been added to the Jul 21st CDF TOC meeting agenda, anybody is welcome to join the meeting. See the links here.

Thanks to all contributors for the reviews, suggestions and documentation patches!

Best regards,
Oleg Nenashev

Oleg Nenashev

Jul 16, 2020, 11:32:14 AM7/16/20
to Jenkins Developers
Hi all,

There will be a Jenkins Advocacy&Outreach SIG meeting in 30 minutes.
At this meeting we propose to discuss bits of the Jenkins graduation promotion plans (blogposts/webinars/podcasts etc., on both Jenkins and CDF sides).
Please join the meeting if you are interested.

Best regards,
Oleg

Oleg Nenashev

Aug 4, 2020, 5:57:15 PM8/4/20
to Jenkins Developers
Hi all,

Yesterday the CDF TOC has officially announced the decision about the Jenkins project graduation. The Jenkins project is now officially graduated! CDF graduation work was a major effort in the Jenkins community. Congratulations and thanks to the dozens of contributors who made our graduation possible. I would like to thank Alex Earl, Alyssa Tong, Dan Lorenc, Daniel Beck, Jeff Thompson, Marky Jackson, Mark Waite, Olivier Vernin, Tim Jacomb, Tracy Miranda, Ullrich Hafner, Wadeck Follonier, and all other contributors who helped with reviews and provided their feedback!

Based on this decision, we went ahead with the announcements we discussed during the previous Advocacy&Outreach SIG meetings:
Thanks to the Continuous Delivery Foundation marketing team (Jacqueline Salinas, Jesse Casman and Roxanne Joncas) for their work on promoting the Jenkins project and, specifically, its graduation. We hope to release and cross-post more content about Jenkins in the coming weeks. If you would like to write a blogpost about Jenkins or a particular feature/plugin, please let us know or just submit a pull request. How to write a blogpost for jenkins.io.

Best regards,
Oleg

Matt Sicker

Aug 5, 2020, 10:41:44 AM8/5/20
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
That's awesome news! Thanks for all the hard work at making this
happen, everyone!

--
Matt Sicker
Senior Software Engineer, CloudBees