Adopt versioncolumn-plugin

Baptiste Mathus

Feb 19, 2017, 12:30:33 PM2/19/17
to Jenkins Developers, s.so...@gmail.com
Hi,

I'd like to adopt this plugin. I think it may already be abandoned, but I'm checking here.

Added Seiji in CC.

Thanks!

-- Baptiste

Oleg Nenashev

Feb 19, 2017, 2:54:37 PM2/19/17
to Jenkins Developers, s.so...@gmail.com, m...@batmat.net
I would be happy if somebody adopts it.

I was considering taking ownership on my own in order to implement some remoting-related features ("disable termination of outdated agent", add administrative monitor, etc.). But I have not reached that point yet.

BR, Oleg

Arnaud Héritier

Feb 19, 2017, 3:17:23 PM2/19/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, s.so...@gmail.com, Baptiste Mathus
I still don't understand why this isn't in standard in default UI
This information is critical. At least it was up-until now to see easily if you don't have some slaves using an old agent jar.
With the new feature of the windows service allowing auto-updates of the agent I hope it should decrease the number of cases where they are outdated

-----
Arnaud Héritier
Mail/GTalk: aheritier AT gmail DOT com
Twitter/Skype : aheritier

Oleg Nenashev

Feb 19, 2017, 4:47:04 PM2/19/17
to JenkinsCI Developers, s.so...@gmail.com, Baptiste Mathus
The approach of Jenkins is "keep as much as possible outside the core".
That's why it is not a default functionality.

But I agree the plugin can be added to the recommended list once it is polished enough

Arnaud Héritier

Feb 19, 2017, 4:48:33 PM2/19/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, s.so...@gmail.com, Baptiste Mathus
yes I know.
Thus yes +1 to cleanup and to add in recommended plugins

Oleg Nenashev

Baptiste Mathus

Feb 26, 2017, 5:30:27 PM2/26/17
to Jenkins Developers, Seiji Sogabe
FWIW, PR up at https://github.com/jenkinsci/versioncolumn-plugin/pull/1

I guess that by the time I possibly get some review there, the typical 2 weeks or so will have passed and if Seiji didn't answer in the meantime, I will be able to take over maintenance as asked for. Then I'll be able to release a new version.

Thanks a lot

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/ae9d44fc-1275-4bc6-8861-a98f5a70646b%40googlegroups.com.

Baptiste Mathus

Mar 3, 2017, 7:05:09 AM3/3/17
to Jenkins Developers, Seiji Sogabe
Can we consider I can officially take over maintenance?

In any case, I'm totally fine to hand it over back to Seiji if he signals himself in the future, though I think he's simply not active anymore on Jenkins so we can probably move forward.

Does somebody btw know him and don't we have somewhere a message from him confirming this, so that we could possibly mark his plugins to-be-adopted (if there are).

Thanks!

Oleg Nenashev

Mar 3, 2017, 7:48:26 AM3/3/17
to JenkinsCI Developers, Seiji Sogabe
I suppose you can go forward. 12 days passed from the original request.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CANWgJS4wG2vkRViXwRkmdvV%2BKmZGWfrgFsvCTBZsNqp_TfUibg%40mail.gmail.com.