Fwd: Future policy implications of tidal energy array interactions

WATTS Laura

Jul 15, 2019, 8:53:00 AM7/15/19
to iss...@googlegroups.com
Dear marine energy colleagues,

Attached is a paper from Simon Waldman and others at ICIT Orkney, which should be of interest.

Hope all is well.

Warm wishes-
Laura.

Dr Laura Watts
Ethnographer of Futures | Interdisciplinary Senior Lecturer in Energy & Society
Geography | Geosciences | University of Edinburgh

Book now available | Energy at the End of the World: An Orkney Islands Saga

www.sand14.com | twitter @laurawatts +44 (0)131 651 4469 |

//

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Simon Waldman" <si...@simonwaldman.me.uk>
Subject: New paper by me : Future policy implications of tidal energy array interactions
Date: 13 July 2019 at 02:05:22 BST

Myself and a diverse group from ICIT and Marine Scotland have just had this published, and I thought you might be interested. It's an unusual paper for me, containing no new science but instead exploring some of the policy implications of what we already know.

Please feel free to forward to anybody you think will be interested - this feels like something that will either get a new conversation going or disappear without a trace, and I'd really like it to be the first of those options!

--
Simon Waldman

Waldman et al. - 2019 - Future policy implications of tidal energy array i.pdf

Jude, Simon

Jul 25, 2019, 1:39:50 AM7/25/19
to iss...@googlegroups.com

Hi Laura,

Thanks, that’s very timely and useful for a project I’m involved with.

I wonder whether an update to the social sciences research agenda is needed ?

Regards

Simon

Dr Simon Jude,

Senior Lecturer in Environmental Decision Making,

Centre for Environmental and Agricultural Informatics,

School of Water Energy and Environment, Building 53, Cranfield University, Cranfield, Bedfordshire, MK43 0AL

Telephone 01234 754295

Data, Risk & Environmental Analytical Methods - (DREAM) Centre for Doctoral Training  – http://www.dream-cdt.ac.uk

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended only for the named addressee. If you are not the named addressee, please accept our apology, notify the sender immediately and then delete the email. We request that you do not disclose, use, copy or distribute any information within it. Any opinions expressed are not necessarily the corporate view of Cranfield University. This email is not intended to be contractually binding unless specifically stated and the sender is an authorised University signatory. Whilst we have taken steps to ensure that this email and all attachments are free from any virus, we advise that, in keeping with good computing practice, the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free.

--
ISSMER (International network for Social Studies of Marine Energy), http://www.issmer-network.org/
---