Clip/crop image in page of a Book?

Alex Kent

Nov 28, 2016, 12:50:10 PM11/28/16
to islandora
In Islandora 1.7, is there the ability to clip/crop an image from the page of a book? When I say "clip/crop image" I am referring to the ability when using the Large Image content model to clip out a section of the photograph and print it out.

One of our sites is asking if its possible to do this with newspapers - zoom in and clip out a section/particular article, etc.

The odd thing is, I swear this was possible at one point.  But now I'm not seeing that in 1.7.

Please see the attached document for more information...thanks in advance!

clipping newspapers.docx

Phil Redmon

Nov 28, 2016, 1:08:53 PM11/28/16
to islandora
I remember there was a security issue with clipping a while ago. Perhaps you applied the patch that removed clipping?

--
For more information about using this group, please read our Listserv Guidelines: http://islandora.ca/content/welcome-islandora-listserv
---