ANN: Inno Setup 6.2.0 released

Martijn Laan

Jun 3, 2021, 4:25:27 AM6/3/21
to inno...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Inno Setup 6.2.0 has been released and includes modernized graphics among other changes.

Example screenshots:

Download: http://www.jrsoftware.org/isdl.php

For the complete list of what's new/changed, see: What's new in this version?

To support Inno Setup, please consider donating to the project. See http://www.jrsoftware.org/isdonate.php for more information. Thanks!

Greetings,
Martijn Laan

Andrew Truckle

Jun 4, 2021, 4:04:38 PM6/4/21
to innosetup
Thanks very much for the latest version. :)

James Russell Moore

Jun 6, 2021, 8:59:40 AM6/6/21
to innosetup
Thanks for the new updates!

Although I noticed the QuickStart Pack is no longer available to download through the website (a link to it still works though, but it points to 6.1.2). Is it still going to be offered for download or not anymore?

If not, there's a note on the encryption part that should be removed from the download site: "Note: The above QuickStart Pack can download and install it for you."

Cheers!

Andrew Truckle

Jun 6, 2021, 2:50:49 PM6/6/21
to inno...@googlegroups.com
The website states the quick start pack is no more.

James Russell Moore

Jun 6, 2021, 3:57:32 PM6/6/21
to innosetup
Thanks for the reply, but the only mention I could see regarding the QSP was that note I quoted, nothing else seems to be stated in the website that I could see.

Neither in the main site, nor the FAQ section, nor the release notes / download section. The thing may have been killed, but that note seems to be the only reminder that there once was such a thing.

It's a pity, it was convenient for me.

Andrew Truckle

Jun 7, 2021, 3:21:33 AM6/7/21
to inno...@googlegroups.com
Here:

QuickStart Pack removed

  • The QuickStart Pack installer has been removed because of a lack of added value.
  • The standard Inno Setup installer now offers to download encryption support if it's missing, like the QuickStart Pack installer did before. If you used the QuickStart Pack installer before, you can use the standard installer to update your installation.

James Russell Moore

Jun 7, 2021, 2:17:15 PM6/7/21
to innosetup
Thanks! I thought I had gone crazy when I saw your reply thinking "how did he get there?!" :D

Then I realized the "What's New" section of the site doesn't link to the release notes of each release, all of those links point to the download page, and it's there where is a "What's new in this version?" link mid-page that gets you to the release notes.

In any case, since the installer now offers to download the encryption support, the only missing thing would be the other editor; I can live with that :)

Martijn Laan

Jun 9, 2021, 3:16:02 AM6/9/21
to inno...@googlegroups.com
Op 6-6-2021 om 14:59 schreef James Russell Moore:
there's a note on the encryption part that should be removed from the download site: "Note: The above QuickStart Pack can download and install it for you."

Thanks, I've updated the note.

Greetings,
Martijn