Requesting ID of this plant - Mumbai - Jul 2013 :: 27022014 :: ARK-16

Alka Khare

Feb 27, 2014, 5:32:28 AM2/27/14
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hello friends

Requesting to please ID this plant captured in Mumbai in July 2013.
This is used extensively in bonsai.

A similar plant has been posted by Aartiji, posting additional pictures of the plant and fruit/pod.

Thanks and Regards
Alka Khare

BryaIMG_0722-P.jpg
BryaIMG_0730-P.jpg
BryaIMG_0736-P.jpg
BryaIMG_0749-P.jpg
BryaIMG_0724-P.jpg

Aarti S. Khale

Feb 27, 2014, 8:04:28 AM2/27/14
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Yes Alka ji.
We seem to be identifying the same plant.
Recently seen at the Flower Show in Jijamata Udyan/Rani Bagh.
In a Bonsai brochure, the name given was Blue Braya.
Eager to know the real Botanical name.
Regards,
Aarti

J.M. Garg

Mar 6, 2014, 5:03:59 AM3/6/14
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale, Alka Khare

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Yes Alka ji.

We seem to be identifying the same plant.
Recently seen at the Flower Show in Jijamata Udyan/Rani Bagh.
In a Bonsai brochure, the name given was Blue Braya.
Eager to know the real Botanical name.
Regards,
Aarti

With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2265 members & 1,82,700 messages on 28/2/14) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 9000 species & 1,80,000 images).

BryaIMG_0722-P.jpg
BryaIMG_0730-P.jpg
BryaIMG_0736-P.jpg
BryaIMG_0749-P.jpg
BryaIMG_0724-P.jpg

J.M. Garg

Mar 13, 2014, 2:25:46 AM3/13/14
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Alka Khare
Eager to know its Botanical name.
At the recent BBC Show at MNP, I saw Yellow Braya bonsai as well.
Regards,
Aarti

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 7, 2021, 11:33:32 PM1/7/21
to efloraofindia

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 7, 2021, 11:34:11 PM1/7/21
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Jan 8, 2021, 10:23:01 AM1/8/21
to efloraindia
Trifidacanthus unifoliolatus Merr. ??
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Jan 13, 2021, 1:20:56 AM1/13/21
to efloraofindia, Alka, Saroj Kasaju, GurcharanSingh
Jan 13, 2021, 5:16:01 AM1/13/21
to Lalithamba Avadhanam, efloraofindia, Alka, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks, Lalithamba ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

On Wed, 13 Jan, 2021, 12:50 pm Lalithamba Avadhanam, <alali...@gmail.com> wrote:
because of spines it may be Desmodium acanthocladum
--
A.Lalithamba

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 13, 2021, 10:54:36 AM1/13/21
to efloraofindia, Lalithamba Avadhanam, Alka, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks Garg ji and Lalithamba ji.

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Mob: 9810359089

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "efloraofindia" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/CA%2BiuSFA8OV9TCCs9gi7hC0Pahbgwfv_POv9i%3D-QEjxCEGkDv_w%40mail.gmail.com.

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 13, 2021, 11:21:56 AM1/13/21
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Lalithamba Avadhanam, Alka
I do not think Desmodium acanthocladum since it is trifoliate leaf !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 22.06.22.png

J.M. Garg

Jan 20, 2021, 1:22:19 AM1/20/21
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Lalithamba Avadhanam, Alka, Saroj Kasaju, Aarti S. Khale

J.M. Garg

Jan 20, 2021, 4:02:46 AM1/20/21
to efloraofindia, Lalithamba Avadhanam, Alka, Aarti S. Khale, Saroj Kasaju

Jul 22, 2021, 7:54:23 AM7/22/21
to efloraofindia, Alka, Saroj Kasaju
This is Trifidacanthus unifoliolatus Merr. only as earlier identified by Saroj ji, as per details at Trifidacanthus unifoliolatus

Jul 22, 2021, 7:55:28 AM7/22/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Alka

Thank you Mr. Garg !

Saroj Kasaju