116 ID wild plant a leafy vegetable

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Aug 14, 2021, 1:54:13 PM8/14/21
to efloraofindia
Dear Members,
Please ID wild plant, young shoots used as vegetable.  With kind regards, Sam.

Location: near Reserve Forest, Chathamattom, Ernakulam District, (Kochi) Kerala PIN:686671

Altitude: 1400fsl

Flower date: 19.07.2021, 01.05pm

Habitat: wild moisture

Plant habit: climbing, branches, hard stem, long lasting, fleshy young shoot so used as leafy vegetable, even pluck young shoot regularly then grow many branches and the plant remains as bush

Height: 09 meters

Leaves: alternate, pinnate, leaflets alternate, oblong, apex, size:7×3cm or less

Flower: diameter:04mm, pink, non fragrant

Fruit: globular white into pink, diameter:2cm, not edible

Seed: brown, pear shaped

Camera: Samsung Galaxy A21s

116 Identify wild plant
20210719_130600.jpg
20210719_131111.jpg
20210719_131139.jpg
20210719_130700.jpg
20210719_131339.jpg
20210719_131411.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Aug 14, 2021, 2:09:06 PM8/14/21
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20210719_131438.jpg
20210719_131732.jpg
20210719_131552.jpg
20210719_131822.jpg

Mahadeswara

Aug 15, 2021, 1:10:56 AM8/15/21
to efloraofindia
Looks like Souropus androgynus variety.

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Aug 15, 2021, 2:14:54 AM8/15/21
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I agree with Mahadeswara Ji for Sauropus androgynus,
With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack
08/15/21, 10:50:16 AM

M Swamy

Aug 15, 2021, 7:48:55 AM8/15/21
to efloraofindia
Thanks Anjaneyulu ji !

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "efloraofindia" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/CAPTGuvG%3Dfu9nkz7ZOqniwGQDHMetCHGNUEFVjvvU%2BuK-2TSF6w%40mail.gmail.com.

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Aug 15, 2021, 10:01:04 AM8/15/21
to efloraofindia, M Swamy, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Yes, it is, dear Mahadeswara ji and Paradesi ji, thank you very much for ID my plant.  It is many growing in the forest region (up to 9 meters height) as well as properties here.  Pollinated flower is more beautiful, I am happy to share more images, with kind regards, Sam.
20210815_155017.jpg
20210815_160540.jpg
20210815_155013.jpg
20210815_160622.jpg
20210815_154518.jpg
20210815_154849.jpg

J.M. Garg

Aug 23, 2021, 2:09:34 AM8/23/21
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, M Swamy
Thanks, Mahadeshwara ji and Paradesi ji, for id as Sauropus androgynus (Breynia androgyna).

20210815_155017.jpg
20210815_160540.jpg
20210815_155013.jpg
20210815_160622.jpg
20210815_154518.jpg
20210815_154849.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Aug 23, 2021, 7:28:30 AM8/23/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, M Swamy
Dear Garg ji, Mahadeswara ji, Paradesi ji, all Members,
Thank you very much for ID my plant, with kind regards, Sam.

Tapas Chakrabarty

Aug 23, 2021, 8:18:10 AM8/23/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, M Swamy
The identification is correct.
Regards,
Tapas.

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Aug 23, 2021, 10:56:25 AM8/23/21
to Tapas Chakrabarty, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, M Swamy
Thank you very much for confirming the ID of my plant, dear Tapas ji.  With kind regards, Sam.