17042014Al193 Asteraceae for ID

Anurag Sharma

Apr 17, 2014, 10:59:06 AM4/17/14
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Found in Bangalore
WP_20140407_353.jpg

J.M. Garg

Apr 24, 2014, 3:31:03 AM4/24/14
to efloraofindia, Anurag Sharma

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Anurag Sharma <vit...@gmail.com>
Date: 17 April 2014 20:29
Subject: [efloraofindia:186443] 17042014Al193 Asteraceae for ID
To: indian...@googlegroups.com

Found in Bangalore

With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2300 members & 1,85,250 messages on 28/2/14) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 9500 species & 1,90,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

WP_20140407_353.jpg

surajitkoley

Apr 28, 2014, 9:35:51 PM4/28/14
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Ray florets and bud suggest a Dahlia.
And I may very well be wrong!

Regards

On Thursday, 17 April 2014 20:29:06 UTC+5:30, Anurag Sharma wrote:
Found in Bangalore

Anurag Sharma

Apr 30, 2014, 1:40:16 PM4/30/14
to surajitkoley, indian...@googlegroups.com
Not matching a Dahlia
Any other?

On 4/29/14, surajitkoley <surajitno...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ray florets and bud suggest a *Dahlia
> <https://www.google.co.in/search?q=Collarette+dahlia&es_sm=122&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=MABfU57gHoK9ugSCu4CQDg&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1517&bih=710&dpr=0.9>*
> .
> And I may very well be wrong!
>
> Regards
>

> On Thursday, 17 April 2014 20:29:06 UTC+5:30, Anurag Sharma wrote:
>>
>> Found in Bangalore

Nidhan Singh

May 1, 2014, 12:02:08 AM5/1/14
to Anurag Sharma, indiantreepix, surajit koley

If leaves belong to this, this can be Gerbera..
May be the flower is unusually developed...

surajit koley

May 1, 2014, 8:58:31 AM5/1/14
to Anurag Sharma, efloraofindia
No, I have no idea, for I still think it's a Dahlia cultivar/variety.

Thanks n regards

surajit koley

Apr 3, 2015, 11:27:59 PM4/3/15
to Anurag Sharma, efloraofindia
Well, Anurag Ji, I fail to find further solution, leaves of one butter daisy look similar, but flowers are different. I couldn't find any similar Melampodium. Flower looks rather like Dahlia variabilis, but leaves not.

I fail to id this one.

Thank you
Regards
surajit

J.M. Garg

Apr 7, 2015, 6:54:20 AM4/7/15
to efloraofindia, Anurag Sharma, Nidhan Singh, surajit koley

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Ray florets and bud suggest a Dahlia.

And I may very well be wrong!
Regards
Surajit

Not matching a Dahlia
Any other? - from Anurag ji

If leaves belong to this, this can be Gerbera..

May be the flower is unusually developed...- from Nidhan ji.

Well, Anurag Ji, I fail to find further solution, leaves of one butter daisy look similar, but flowers are different. I couldn't find any similar Melampodium. Flower looks rather like Dahlia variabilis, but leaves not.

I fail to id this one.
Thank you
Regards
surajit

my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2400 members & 2,00,000 messages on 9.9.14) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 10,000 species & 2,00,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

WP_20140407_353.jpg

surajit koley

Apr 7, 2015, 1:15:47 PM4/7/15
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Anurag Sharma, Nidhan Singh
Anurag Ji,

If you clicked "Dahlia" in my 2nd reply mail in this thread you would have seen similar looking flower - https://australianseed.com/shop/item/dahlia-red-skin-mix. If you did search with the term, "Dahila variabilis" you could have landed to leaves like yours, one example - http://biljke.bosnianforum.com/t244-dalija-dahlia-variabilis.

As I said earlier, I still think it's a Dahlia for its flower and bud. Or do you have better alternative?

Thank you
Regards

Anurag Sharma

Apr 7, 2015, 1:48:23 PM4/7/15
to surajit koley, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
No sir. I think you got it right with this one. The yellow flower in the centre is a perfect match!
Thank you very much.
--
Anurag N. Sharma
BSc. (CBZ) 2nd Year

surajit koley

Apr 8, 2015, 9:16:24 AM4/8/15
to Anurag Sharma, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Dear Anurag Ji,

My 2nd reply in this very thread can be accessed at https://groups.google.com/d/msg/indiantreepix/JoG6fmdKl_M/YVu2CEtZY7cJ. Each of the word, in string "Dahlia cultivar/variety." was linked with a different site. You didn't reply at that time!

No problem, of late it has been a customary practice of this group not to bother for any reply or reply in such a way as to bypass certain mail addresses!

Thank you
Regards
surajit

surajit koley

Apr 8, 2015, 9:22:22 AM4/8/15
to Anurag Sharma, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
btw, I think, we should not go for particular Dahlia species. At most it can be Dahlia variabilis Hort.

Thank you
Regards
surajit

Anurag Sharma

Apr 8, 2015, 1:18:12 PM4/8/15
to surajit koley, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
I apologise sir.

And yes definitely, this may be left at Dahlia sp.
Thank you very much.

surajit koley

Apr 8, 2015, 1:54:23 PM4/8/15
to Anurag Sharma, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Never apologise Anurag Ji, you didn't do anything wrong, I knew you might had missed the first link in that string. I too was not sure about leaves. But, I find no alternative, and as I said flower and bud look like that of Dahlia.

Please do never hesitate to argue with me on any id related issue. In that process I too learn from you :)

Thank you
Regards
surajit

Anurag Sharma

Apr 8, 2015, 2:39:45 PM4/8/15
to surajit koley, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
of course sir. :)
Thank you once again.

Gurcharan Singh

May 23, 2021, 12:25:13 AM5/23/21