Lepidagathis?? ....???

Smita

Feb 11, 2013, 10:18:20 AM2/11/13
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear friends
i have founfd this herb last month at Amboli. Sindhudurg MH
is it Lepidagathis ?? what?? what species?
please help me Id
Thanks :)
New folder1.jpg

Gurumurthi Hegde

Feb 11, 2013, 10:44:24 AM2/11/13
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Smita ji,

Any chance for Lepidagathis incurva var.mucronata C. B. Clarke ? (from Cooke's Fl. of the Pres. of Bombay, 2:475)

Wishes,
Gurumurthi Hegde

Dr Santhosh Kumar

Feb 11, 2013, 11:48:46 AM2/11/13
to Smita, indian...@googlegroups.com
I think this represents Rungia sp. because of the secund inflorescence

Santhosh

--

---

SANTHOSH
Dr. E.S. Santhosh Kumar MSc, PhD, FIAT, FLS
Jawaharlal Nehru Tropical Botanic Garden and Research Institute, Palode
Thiruvananthapuram-695562
Kerala
India
www.drsanthosh.wetpaint.com

J.M. Garg

Feb 16, 2013, 8:25:14 AM2/16/13
to efloraofindia, drsanth...@gmail.com, navend...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, mpar...@gmail.com, kotta...@gmail.com, giby.ku...@gmail.com, rites...@gmail.com, radha...@gmail.com, sujan...@yahoo.com, prabhum...@gmail.com, rathees...@yahoo.co.in, nmk...@gmail.com, aparna...@gmail.com, rdsh...@gmail.com, makfo...@gmail.com, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Smita Raskar, Gurumurthi Hegde

Some earlier relevant feedback:

 Any chance for Lepidagathis incurva var. mucronata C. B. Clarke ? (from Cooke's Fl. of the Pres. of Bombay, 2:475)

Wishes,
Gurumurthi Hegde

I think this represents Rungia sp. because of the secund inflorescence
Santhosh

--

---

With regards,
J.M.Garg
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 2045 members & 1,45,000 messages on 31/1/13) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 8000 species).
New folder1.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jan 15, 2020, 5:28:47 AM1/15/20
to efloraofindia, smilingsmit, GURUMURTHI HEGDE, santhosh kumar es
This should be Justicia pectinata as per discussions at Sorting Rungia species
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 2,00,000 images are directly displayed on 30.8.19).

New folder1.jpg

dr.rakesh Singh

Jan 15, 2020, 7:44:55 AM1/15/20
to efloraofindia, J. M. Garg, smilingsmit, GURUMURTHI HEGDE, santhosh kumar es
Again I disagree and you wd too ... inset image of spike and flower in right upper corner is so different than J. pectinata .... spike is not one sided , bracts not dimorphic .

J.M. Garg

Jan 15, 2020, 8:30:43 AM1/15/20
to dr.rakesh Singh, efloraofindia, smilingsmit, GURUMURTHI HEGDE, santhosh kumar es
Thanks, Rakesh ji.
It may again be Justicia crenatifolia

dr.rakesh Singh

Jan 15, 2020, 8:48:03 AM1/15/20
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, smilingsmit
Images in Justicia crenatifolia page do not match with this specimen . Corolla lower lip is not matching as well .
And , when name is crenatifolia , leaf margin is entire ?

surajit koley

Jan 15, 2020, 11:22:49 AM1/15/20
to efloraofindia, smilingsmit, GURUMURTHI HEGDE, santhosh kumar es
I am not sure that if it could be Justicia pectinata.

Thank you.

With regards,

Surajit Koley

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "efloraofindia" group.

surajit koley

Jan 15, 2020, 11:29:56 AM1/15/20
to efloraofindia, dr.rakesh Singh, smilingsmit, GURUMURTHI HEGDE, santhosh kumar es
I am confused, Garg Sir, it appears to me that "posts/threads placed under J. crenatifolia" may just be J. pecitinata

Thank you.

With regards,

Surajit Koley

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "efloraofindia" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/CA%2BiuSFBcMKPjrKw8iq1HDYb3bOE5ZTXBBwnXLsEtPr1%3Dp5Xufg%40mail.gmail.com.

dr.rakesh Singh

Jan 15, 2020, 12:14:12 PM1/15/20
to surajit koley, J. M. Garg, efloraofindia, smilingsmit, GURUMURTHI HEGDE, santhosh kumar es
I want to second Surajit ji . And that means we do not know how J. crenatifolia looks ? !
And , what is Rungia crenata then ? In FOI image by Dinesh sir is J. pectinata , by Prashant ji may be J. parviflora var. oraganoides , seeing hairy sterile bracts , same opinion for posts in efi page .

J.M. Garg

Jan 15, 2020, 9:54:54 PM1/15/20
to efloraofindia, smilingsmit, GURUMURTHI HEGDE, santhosh kumar es, dr.rakesh Singh, surajitkoley
Thanks, Surajit ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

surajit koley

Jan 17, 2020, 10:38:56 AM1/17/20
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, smilingsmit, GURUMURTHI HEGDE, santhosh kumar es, dr.rakesh Singh
Sir, it rather looks similar  to Lepidagathis cuspidata Nees, as submitted in several threads in https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/species/a---l/a/acanthaceae/lepidagathis-1/lepidagathis-cuspidata

Would love to hear Rakesh Ji's opinion.

Thank you.

With regards,

Surajit Koley

J.M. Garg

Jan 17, 2020, 11:41:57 AM1/17/20
to efloraofindia, dr.rakesh Singh, smilingsmit, surajitkoley
No, Surajit ji.
Images at Justicia crenatifolia are different from those at J.pectinata.

J.M. Garg

Jan 17, 2020, 11:43:51 AM1/17/20
to surajit koley, efloraofindia, smilingsmit, dr.rakesh Singh
Thanks, Saroj ji.
In fact, there are two different plants in the image posted by Smita ji.
Inset small plant may be Lepidagathis cuspidata as suggested by you.
Outside bigger image is of Rungia only.

dr.rakesh Singh

Jan 17, 2020, 10:40:39 PM1/17/20
to J.M. Garg, surajit koley, efloraofindia, smilingsmit
Actually a collage of 3 images
Lepidagathis cuspidata is a much better match .

J.M. Garg

Jan 17, 2020, 11:50:12 PM1/17/20
to dr.rakesh Singh, surajit koley, efloraofindia, smilingsmit
Thanks, Rakesh ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

surajit koley

Jan 19, 2020, 10:11:01 AM1/19/20
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, dr.rakesh Singh, smilingsmit
My mistake, Garg Sir.

Thank you.

With regards,

Surajit Koley

surajit koley

Jan 19, 2020, 10:12:50 AM1/19/20
to dr.rakesh Singh, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, smilingsmit
Thank you Sir.

With regards,

Surajit Koley

J.M. Garg

Jan 29, 2020, 11:19:11 PM1/29/20
to smilingsmit, efloraofindia
Hi, Smita ji,
May I request you to pl. post original image of the main plant on the left side.

May I request you to pl. post original image of the main plant on the left side.