Can we have an Introduced/Invasive filter added?

Neahga Leonard

Jan 6, 2019, 8:04:28 PM1/6/19
to iNaturalist
Just as the title suggests.

It would be really helpful to have a filter that allows one to see (or exclude) introduced or invasive species on the map.

Often the ID on the individual observation will provide an alert that the species is introduced, but I do not see any way to sort on the explore/map page by that criterion despite iNaturalist already keeping track of it.

For those of us in conservation this would be a really useful addition and one that should be reasonably easy to implement.

Thanks,

bouteloua

Jan 6, 2019, 8:06:22 PM1/6/19
to iNaturalist
Try checking "Introduced".

cassi
introduced.png

Neahga Leonard

Jan 6, 2019, 9:37:01 PM1/6/19
to inatu...@googlegroups.com
How on earth did I miss that?

I spent a bunch of time trying all sort of other options, yet somehow didn't see that check-box.

<Face-palm>

Neahga Leonard
nea...@gmail.com

There is not just a whole world to explore, there is a whole universe to explore, perhaps more than one.
http://writingfornature.wordpress.com/

Mark Tutty

Jan 6, 2019, 9:39:13 PM1/6/19
to inatu...@googlegroups.com

My wife asks me “did you have a look, or did you have a male look?”

cheers
Mark Tutty
kiwif...@gmail.com

Charlie Hohn

Jan 6, 2019, 9:41:12 PM1/6/19
to inatu...@googlegroups.com
hahahahahahahaha

But some of the iNat features are pretty cryptic or buried or even totally undocumented. Kind of like the special in n out burgers.
--
============================
Charlie Hohn

Chris Cheatle

Jan 6, 2019, 9:50:54 PM1/6/19
to iNaturalist
What in the world is an in n out burger ? Or is that some kind of Yankee thing us non-Americans should know ?

Charlie Hohn

Jan 6, 2019, 10:05:34 PM1/6/19
to inatu...@googlegroups.com
sorry. it's not even just a yankee thing. It's a california thing. No idea why i posted it here :)  But it's a burger chain where you can get different toppings and stuff if you know what to ask for but they aren't on the menu

Mark Tutty

Jan 6, 2019, 10:07:38 PM1/6/19
to inatu...@googlegroups.com

I rue the day I discovered you could have a double quarter pounder with bacon...

cheers
Mark Tutty
kiwif...@gmail.com

Neahga Leonard

Jan 7, 2019, 6:17:04 AM1/7/19
to inatu...@googlegroups.com
I had a long look, checked all sorts of tabs and check boxes, tried various search filter terms, etc.

Somehow I still missed that.

I would like a Native specific toggle as there is a difference and I see some introduced species not listed in some areas, but I'll look again before making any further suggestions.

Neahga Leonard
nea...@gmail.com

There is not just a whole world to explore, there is a whole universe to explore, perhaps more than one.

Mark Tutty

Jan 7, 2019, 6:57:08 AM1/7/19
to inatu...@googlegroups.com

My apologies, it was meant in humour... ie she says it to me when I can’t find something...