Feature request: showing scientific names when looking at my observations

Mihajlo Tomić

Feb 20, 2019, 3:50:36 PM2/20/19
to iNaturalist
Would it be possible to show scientific names instead of common names (choose between them) when displaying my observations, which is shown when I first open the app (picture attached)? Common English names don't mean much to those who are non-native English speakers.
Screenshot_2019-02-20-21-09-07.png

Tony Iwane

Feb 20, 2019, 4:12:03 PM2/20/19
to iNaturalist
Hi Mihajlo,

This is an option on our website, inaturalist.org (go to your Account Settings) and we are working on implementing it in our mobile apps.

Tony Iwane

Mihajlo Tomić

Feb 20, 2019, 4:21:26 PM2/20/19
to inatu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, I found it. Since I am primarily using an app I'm looking forward to this feature being available in the app.