Add New Column In Grids

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

Jul 18, 2011, 1:34:53 PM7/18/11
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
All is in the title :)

Is it hard to do? I'd like to display and filter by owners, for example, in links. Couldn't we have in column picker all data available for an individual link?

Alexander Obuhovich

Jul 19, 2011, 3:22:31 AM7/19/11
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
We had discussion somewhere, where I proposed to add all fields from editing forms as columns in grids, but hidden by default.

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 8:34 PM, Phil -- wbtc.fr -- <ph...@wbtc.fr> wrote:
All is in the title :)

Is it hard to do? I'd like to display and filter by owners, for example, in links. Couldn't we have in column picker all data available for an individual link?

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

Jul 19, 2011, 4:30:07 AM7/19/11
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
this is a really good proposal ! The idea behind is "why not proposing all options if it's possible"? :)

do you talk about this thread?

Alexander Obuhovich

Jul 19, 2011, 4:41:09 AM7/19/11
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
That thread is unrelated, since I talk there about moving filters from "View Menu" into columns and not about adding hidden columns.

Since no programming is involved to do this (only changing unit config files a bit), then I won't consider this a big feature and allow this to go in 5.1.x development branch, e.g. 5.1.4 or later releases.

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

Jul 19, 2011, 7:17:40 AM7/19/11
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
good news, It'll be very useful !

Dmitry A.

Jul 19, 2011, 9:25:46 AM7/19/11
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
I agree here.

Here is that task (quite old), but no discussion found so assign this one:

56: Ability to choose from all Grid Columns in Column Picker

DA

Alexander Obuhovich

Jul 19, 2011, 9:34:46 AM7/19/11
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Wow, 10x. I thought I dreamed about the fact, that I suggested hidden column idea somewhere.

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

Jul 19, 2011, 3:56:58 PM7/19/11
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Cool !