Lauterbach ikf6863 jtag

Jeroen Peelaerts

Apr 12, 2013, 8:25:05 AM4/12/13
to ikanos...@googlegroups.com
I did some more research and I found that the Lauterbach TRACE32 Mips debugger supports both the Fusiv vx160 Soc and Lexra4189 core inside;

The pdf below clearly references both in the table of supported devices.

http://www2.lauterbach.com/pdf/debugger_mips.pdf

If we can get a hold of the config file in the associated software package we might want to be able to translate this to use it with urJtag or OpenOCD (should not be too hard according to documentations).

It seems that these adapters are still for sale on fleabay, but rather pricey

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lauterbach-TRACE32-LA-7760-EJTAG-MIPS32-/221064629946?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33787a8eba

Also I got a hold of a more complete datasheet of the Ikanos IKF6836 (Fusiv vx160) Soc. There is a chapter about EJTAG inside, but aside discussing the electrical timing of the jtag signal it does not specify anything about the reigsters mappings (or maybe I missed something)

http://www.algasystems.net/pub/ARGO95/soc.pdf

Regards

Benjamin Henrion

Apr 12, 2013, 8:51:59 AM4/12/13
to ikanos...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 2:25 PM, Jeroen Peelaerts
<jeroen.p...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I did some more research and I found that the Lauterbach TRACE32 Mips
> debugger supports both the Fusiv vx160 Soc and Lexra4189 core inside;
>
> The pdf below clearly references both in the table of supported devices.
>
> http://www2.lauterbach.com/pdf/debugger_mips.pdf
>
> If we can get a hold of the config file in the associated software package
> we might want to be able to translate this to use it with urJtag or OpenOCD
> (should not be too hard according to documentations).
>
> It seems that these adapters are still for sale on fleabay, but rather
> pricey
>
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lauterbach-TRACE32-LA-7760-EJTAG-MIPS32-/221064629946?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33787a8eba

This looks like a parallel port adapter with few resistors or level
shifters inside, not really woth 1000USD.

Maybe it includes the software.

They have also some USB based debuggers for LX4189:

http://www.lauterbach.com/pro/pro_lx4189.php?chip=LX4189#LA-7708

But you need to fill in the form to know the price.

--
Benjamin Henrion <bhenrion at ffii.org>
FFII Brussels - +32-484-566109 - +32-2-3500762

Jeroen Peelaerts

Apr 12, 2013, 9:16:26 AM4/12/13
to ikanos...@googlegroups.com
Interesting, a bit more in the bottom of the page referencing the usb jtag adapters there is a link to an update of the included software

http://www.lauterbach.com/cgi-bin/update.pl?file=_icdmips32_win.zip

if you open this archive there are a couple of interesting files with vendor specific jtag information.
It seems to hold information regarding the registers in ejtag (impcode) and specifically for the lexra 4981 (see lx48x0)

maybe someone with a good understanding of jtag can decipher this and interpret?

2013/4/12 Benjamin Henrion <b...@udev.org>

perm4k.per
perlx4x80.per

Jeroen Peelaerts

Apr 12, 2013, 9:31:15 AM4/12/13
to ikanos...@googlegroups.com
Found a document describing the formatting they use for these config files

http://www2.lauterbach.com/pdf/per_prog.pdf

with the help of this we might be able to port this to urjtag configuration.