Editing arDominion Theme

Carolyn Sullivan

Sep 6, 2022, 6:46:50 AM9/6/22
to AtoM Users
Hello all,

So I'm trying to edit the main.css file in the ArDominion theme to (1) decrease the size of the logo image and (2) change the background colour of the header.

All I've done so far was add the following (highlighted) in the main.css file:

/* To resize logo image */
    #logo{
        float:none;
        text-align:center;
        max-width: 100px;
        height: auto;

    }

/* Change colour of header bar */
@media (max-width:767px){
    #top-bar{
        margin:0 -20px;
        height:auto;
        background-color: #8f001a;
        }

After doing this, I saved the file.  Then I did make in the arDominionPlugin folder, and then did php symfony cc and sudo systemctl restart php7.2-fpm .  I opened my atom instance in an incognito browser, and there were no changes.

If anyone could help me understand what I'm doing wrong and how I can fix it, I'd be very grateful.

Thank you all for your time and consideration,
Carolyn.

Dan Gillean

Sep 6, 2022, 9:18:28 AM9/6/22
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Carolyn,

It's possible that these changes are being overridden by other Bootstrap variables, such as these ones for the top bar color, found in the arDominionPlugin's  header.less file rather than the main.css file:
The two changes you're trying to make are ones I've shared a few tips about in the forum in the past - please review these posts and let me know if the suggestions still work?
Please also note the warnings found in these posts: we strongly recommend trying to create a custom theme plugin instead of directly modifying the base arDominion theme. You will need to manually reapply all customizations every time you upgrade!

Either way, let us know how it goes!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Lrellis D'erth

Sep 13, 2022, 5:08:59 PM9/13/22
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hello Dan,

Thank you so much for your response and the links to the documentation.  I only looked at the first post but it was very helpful, and cross-referencing with some notes and the example of Queen's University's repository (https://github.com/qulib/atom-theme-qul), I now have a functional plugin :)  Thank you so much for all your help!

Best,
Carolyn.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "AtoM Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ica-atom-users/CAC1FhZLCwu0i9t%2BmbK2RR8wTQN05HhKiznD6nfzLruwi%2BaiSdQ%40mail.gmail.com.