CSV multi-level archival description

Tom Steman

Jan 27, 2023, 1:46:38 PM1/27/23
to AtoM Users
Hi all,

Thinking of moving to AtoM, I am doing a bunch of testing to learn and understand the software's functionality.

The CSV import is helpful and I understand them.  But I just can't seem to get the multi-level CSV import (collection, series, box, folder, item).  I have seen the instructions yet I just can't get it.  I did do a search of conversations here, and found an example on a demo site, but the CSV downloaded is not from this particular multi-level archival description.

Can anyone share CSV for me to look at?  I'd appreciate it.  Thank you for any help in advance.

Tom

Dan Gillean

Jan 27, 2023, 2:15:20 PM1/27/23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tom,

I have added this top-level description from our demo site (Kantokoski (Koski), Koivula & Korpela Family) to the AtoM Clipboard, and then used that to export it and all descendants. I didn't even open the resulting ZIP file, so I am attaching it exactly as received by a public user, meaning you should be able to repeat these results. Keep in mind a couple things about the public demos site:
  • It is open to anyone to use and modify data, so it's always possible someone else will edit a description, or delete the whole hierarchy!
  • The demo site resets itself hourly - if you run into any problems near the top of the hour, it may be bc the site is in the process of resetting itself. Saved clipboards will not be persisted for this reason either!
  • For security purposes, all imports and uploads are disabled, FYI
You can try this yourself with a hierarchy you make, or with another one - here's a much flatter collection-level record with items you could try exporting
Meanwhile, you might appreciate this slide deck, which we use in CSV import/export training sessions sometimes:
Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

ea1d3b35dd7186def26e7da45d95478a.zip

Tom Steman

Jan 30, 2023, 3:21:56 PM1/30/23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan,

I do appreciate it.  I got it figured out - thank you.

Tom

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "AtoM Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ica-atom-users/CAC1FhZL4oKOiPMvJAG2RWDcheWQ_b%2BVQfKcNx%3DguEqTuS2wt1A%40mail.gmail.com.