Possible Swainson's Warbler – Dallas Co

Kevin Powers

May 6, 2024, 11:36:23 AMMay 6
to IA-BIRD
I heard a possible Swainson's Warbler singing at Dale Maffit Reservoir in Dallas County this morning around 8:00AM. I'm not familiar with this song, so I've reached out to some others to help confirm. Audio is attached to the eBird checklist – https://ebird.org/checklist/S172383664. Coordinates 41.51280886360026, -93.79975544014684. The bird was still singing periodically when I left.

Kevin Powers
West Des Moines, IA

Kevin Powers

May 6, 2024, 12:46:22 PMMay 6
to IA-BIRD
Swainson's Warbler appears to be confirmed. John Bissell and I relocated the bird in the same location around 11:15AM. John had a brief visual ID, and the bird is still singing regularly. The bird is mostly keeping further back in the denser understory, so we weren't able to get a photo. Bird was still present and singing as we left a moment ago.

--
Post by sending an email to ia-...@googlegroups.com.
IOU Code of Birding Ethics - https://iowabirds.org/Pages.aspx?pg=6
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "IA-BIRD" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ia-bird/c916c7d5-fd93-40be-bfe7-3d4d880a71cdn%40googlegroups.com.

Kris Bossard

May 6, 2024, 6:34:22 PMMay 6
to Kevin Powers, IA-BIRD