Behavhiour of client.HThriftClient#getCassandra(String keyspaceNameArg)

lewismc

Jan 22, 2014, 4:39:07 PM1/22/14
to hector...@googlegroups.com
Hi Folks,
Right now I'm going through gora-cassandra module [0] with a fine tooth-comb trying to improve it.
I'm injecting URLs into Cassandra and using hector 1.1-0 with 1.1.12 and seeing >1 "keyspace reseting from null to webpage" DEBUG messages from HThriftClient#getCassandra method [1] within my logs.
The thing which is puzzling me right now is why the following statement seems to be true [2]

if ( keyspaceNameArg != null && !StringUtils.equals(keyspaceName, keyspaceNameArg)) {

An example of the logging is as follows

2014-01-22 21:28:06,728 DEBUG client.HThriftClient - keyspace reseting from null to webpage

However, if I've already/previously established the keyspace as 'webpage' why is it always 'null'?

Any hints are really appreciated.
Thank you
Lewis

[0] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/gora/trunk/gora-cassandra/
[1] https://github.com/hector-client/hector/blob/master/core/src/main/java/me/prettyprint/cassandra/connection/client/HThriftClient.java#L108
[2] https://github.com/hector-client/hector/blob/master/core/src/main/java/me/prettyprint/cassandra/connection/client/HThriftClient.java#L106

Nate McCall

Jan 23, 2014, 12:57:38 PM1/23/14
to hector...@googlegroups.com
That message simply means that the particular Cassandra.Client had not
been used yet with an operation that required a keyspace.

Lewis John Mcgibbney

Jan 23, 2014, 1:04:21 PM1/23/14
to hector...@googlegroups.com
Sound Nate thank you for conformation.
Best
Lewis

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "hector-users" group.

Lewis