Affected versions - CVE-2023-32731

Josef Cacek

Aug 29, 2023, 11:28:25 AM8/29/23
to grpc.io

Hi,

Could someone shed light on the affected versions for CVE-2023-32731?

If we use version 1.48.0 (grpc-java, and grpcio PIP module) are we affected? If so, what is the recommended version for upgrade? 1.55.0?

Thank you,

-- Josef Cacek

Eugene Ostroukhov

Aug 30, 2023, 1:15:16 PM8/30/23
to grpc.io
This does not seem to apply to gRPC Java as that one is a separate codebase.

1.48 does not seem to have this specific vulnerability it is no longer maintained and will not receive fixes if any new issues are discovered. We would recommend you to switch to a more current gRPC version.

Josef Cacek

Aug 30, 2023, 2:48:15 PM8/30/23
to grpc.io
Thank you for the reply, Eugene.
Is the response also valid for the Python grpcio module?
Regards,
-- Josef

st 30. 8. 2023 v 19:15 odesílatel 'Eugene Ostroukhov' via grpc.io
<grp...@googlegroups.com> napsal:

Eugene Ostroukhov

Aug 30, 2023, 3:19:34 PM8/30/23
to Josef Cacek, grpc.io
Yes. Python module calls into C code.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "grpc.io" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/grpc-io/CA%2B6Tb2qBGSEO-rPZogPf66g0xUW-94VBYpXbLbRpCrHrs9aNyw%40mail.gmail.com.