Velachery Encroachment

Gray Face of India

Nov 11, 2013, 2:21:32 PM11/11/13
to grayfac...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

This is one of the 4 action items, that we decided to take up and resolve in our Marina meeting.

Problem:
Encroachment in Velachery

Our Suggestion on what to do:
  1. Get Road Registar for the road in question from Corporation of Chennai
  2. Take photos of the situation and also measure the actual road length. (I guess this can be done after 11 PM, which I am very much ready to do)
  3. File complaint with Traffic Police / Corporation of Chennai. (In my opinion, minimum of 4 people can file complaint)
  4. Wait for a month. If its cleared, then awesome.
  5. Otherwise, file a RTI enquiring on the status of complaint, permission request from Honda / Sri Krishna to use public road as parking space, notice / ordered passed by Traffic Police for the same request, etc., which we will neatly draft later.
  6. Purse with RTI, Appeals, hoping for the right thing to happen !!!
Immediate Requirement:
  1. Someone please come forward and take ownership of this issue. Others can kindly co-ordinate.
Important Note:
  1. If the road in question is encroached my Phoenix Mall complex, we should re-think on this issue, on safety grounds.

Please provide your valuable suggestions.

Thanks :-)

Jamsheed Jasar

Nov 12, 2013, 12:27:56 AM11/12/13
to grayfac...@googlegroups.com, grayfac...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am willing to take ownership of this issue.

Can you give me info on how to obtain the Road Register from the Corporation of Chennai?

Regards,

Jamsheed.

Saiyasodharan R

Nov 12, 2013, 1:16:01 PM11/12/13
to grayfac...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jamsheed,

Please refer this document. Its a sample RTI to get Road Register. Once you prepared the RTI, you can share it here for others to view, before posting. If you got any queries regarding posting / fee payment, feel free to call me up :-)

Jamsheed Jasar

Nov 29, 2013, 11:18:57 AM11/29/13
to grayfac...@googlegroups.com
Hello Sai,

Sorry for the delay in replying. Was stuck with work.

I am attaching a copy of the RTI for the Road Register. Kindly check and give your inputs.

Regards,

Jamsheed.
RTI Application.docx

Saiyasodharan R

Nov 30, 2013, 12:10:29 AM11/30/13
to Jamsheed Jasar, grayfac...@googlegroups.com
Not at all a problem Jamsheed. You prepared the document at the right time :-) I will check it and reply u back by evening. We shall then file it afterwards..

Thanks and Regards,
Saiyasodharan.
"I have a pure heart, its just pure evil"
(www.saiy2k.blogspot.in)
Proud to be a donor of the AAP. Join the movement today to clean Indian Politics. http://donate.aamaadmiparty.org

Saiyasodharan R

Nov 30, 2013, 8:28:56 PM11/30/13
to grayfac...@googlegroups.com, grayfac...@googlegroups.com
Its all looking good Jamsheed. We shall file it. I will file a copy myself tomorrow and you too file it, when you get time. If you have any doubts regarding posting / court fee stamp or anything, feel free to call me :-)

Saiyasodharan R

Dec 8, 2013, 1:43:47 PM12/8/13
to grayfac...@googlegroups.com, grayfac...@googlegroups.com
This RTI is also filed last week:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B76vDSSLMZVuVE5PNVpDVWJIMVE/edit?usp=sharing

Jamsheed: Can u please scan and mail me the doc, once you filed it, along with the India post receipt :-)

Saiyasodharan R

Jan 19, 2014, 12:27:25 PM1/19/14
to grayfac...@googlegroups.com
No response from Corporation on this too.. First appeal will be filed in a week

Jamsheed Jasar

Jan 30, 2014, 9:20:19 AM1/30/14
to grayfac...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sai,

I just got the reply to the application today.

I cannot make head or tails out of it though :P

I'll try to see if I can make it to the CMBT programme on Sunday.

Regards,

Jamsheed

Saiyasodharan R

Jan 30, 2014, 1:02:58 PM1/30/14
to grayfac...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jamsheed,
Just noticed, I too just received it today.. will go through, scan and upload it this weekend :-)

Saiyasodharan R

Feb 2, 2014, 4:00:41 PM2/2/14
to grayfac...@googlegroups.com, grayfac...@googlegroups.com
We received the required Road Registers from Corporation. Uploaded them @ https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzT8m6ELWmHhdjRWRjFkSEtjLTQ/edit?usp=sharing

@Jamsheed: Could you please verify, if this is the one you received or if its different?
@Alex: Could you please check this and tell, if all the items supposed to be in Road Register are given or need for a First Appeal?

Saiyasodharan R

Feb 4, 2014, 2:17:53 PM2/4/14
to grayfac...@googlegroups.com, grayfac...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jamsheed,
I spoke with Alexraj. The Road Register has enough information. But we found a mismatch in the length of the road. The length of the road given in RTI varies from what google maps is giving. But since our main focus is on the breadth of the road, so as to find the encroachments, we shall proceed on to the next step; which is getting into field and measuring the breadth of the road at various points.

Please share your thoughts on this.

Thanks :-)

Saiyasodharan R

May 5, 2014, 3:16:09 PM5/5/14
to grayfac...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Thanks to Jamsheed's co-ordination, we made the next step in this issue.

May 2, 12:30 AM, myself, Jamsheed and Alexraj met at Gurunanak College Signal and we measured the breadth of the road at 15 points and found that at 14 points the breadth is less than 20meters. Its supposed to be 20 meters as per Corporation records, that we received through RTI.

There are places where the road is not even 10 meters. Is it encroachment or miscalculation by Corporation of Chennai. To know, we are filing a complaint with Corporation Commissioner. A very rough draft shall be found @ https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XO-g2RGKMMLSRx-2ncCOlf57Ay82WBpfkz1rY2fhjfk/edit?usp=sharing

Someone got good points to add to it? have any corrections? please reply here.. The complaint shall be filed next week.

Subhash Gandhi

Aug 8, 2014, 9:28:53 AM8/8/14
to grayfac...@googlegroups.com
The complaint was filed last month to Corporation of Chennai with all our measurements and links to snaps.. Let's see if the authorities take action.. If not, we will file a RTI a month afterward...