Can't seem to publish plugin: Can I resubmit it with a different name?

Vahid Hedayati

Nov 13, 2014, 6:47:10 AM11/13/14
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guys

When I try publishing grails-jenkins-plugin I am getting this:

Also was wondering can I resubmit it for approval and rename it to grails-jenjir-plugin

Its a bit more than jenkins since it attempts to interact with jira hence the new name..

Regards
Vahid

| Compiling 9 source files

| Compiling 9 source files

| Plugin packaged grails-jenkins-0.1.zip
| Plugin packaged grails-jenkins-0.1.zip
| Plugin packaged grails-jenkins-0.1.zip
| Downloading: apache-1.pom.sha1
:: problems summary ::
:::: WARNINGS
    problem while listing resources in http://repo.grails.org/grails/plugins/org/codehaus/groovy/groovy/ with grailsCentral:
      java.lang.NullPointerException charsetName
    problem while listing resources in http://repo.grails.org/grails/plugins/org/codehaus/groovy/groovy/ with grailsCentral:
      java.lang.NullPointerException charsetName
| POM generated: /xxxx/grails-jenkins-plugin/target/pom.xml
WARN: No SCM provider installed.
Publishing to Grails Central
Publishing to http://grails.org/api/v1.0/publish/jenkins/0.1
> Enter your username: MYUSER
> Enter your password: MYPASS
| Error Failed to publish plugin: Permission denied
::/grails-jenkins-plugin$

Burt Beckwith

Nov 13, 2014, 9:53:37 AM11/13/14
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
It was submitted as "grails-jenkins-plugin", but the descriptor file name is "JenkinsGrailsPlugin.groovy", and that's where the plugin name is derived from, so in this case it is 'jenkins'. You have publish permission, but the grant doesn't match.

I think renaming makes sense, so let me know what you end up choosing and I'll edit the permissions manually - no need to resubmit. For example if you rename the file to JenjirGrailsPlugin.groovy, it will be the "jenjir" plugin, so users will register it in BuildConfig.groovy as 'runtime ":jenjir:0.1"' (or compile). The Github repo can keep the same name - that doesn't affect this.

Burt

Mister V

Nov 13, 2014, 10:16:36 AM11/13/14
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
HI Burt

Thanks I quite like jenjir so lets stick with this.

I have just done some updates so a final test and I be ready

Regards
Vahid

Burt Beckwith

Nov 13, 2014, 2:23:30 PM11/13/14