Wrap google.maps with JSInterop

Carl

Apr 28, 2020, 10:53:55 AM4/28/20
to GWT Users
I'm trying to wrap google.maps with JSInterop. Everything works perfectly locally with SDM but when I perform a full compile and deploy to App Engine I get:

(TypeError) : undefined is not an object (evaluating 'new (wuc[l]=FZc+fwc,$wnd).google.maps')

at this line:

LatLng latLng = new LatLng(62.3875, 16.325556);

LatLng.java:
-----------------
package console.map;

import jsinterop.annotations.JsConstructor;
import jsinterop.annotations.JsProperty;
import jsinterop.annotations.JsType;

@JsType(isNative = true, namespace = "google.maps")
public class LatLng {
@JsConstructor
public LatLng(double lat, double lng) {}

@JsProperty
public native double getLat();

@JsProperty
public native void setLat(double lat);

@JsProperty
public native double getLng();

@JsProperty
public native void setLng(double lng);
}
-------------------

I have set the compile flag:
-generateJsInteropExports

What's wrong?

Jens

Apr 29, 2020, 3:18:05 AM4/29/20
to GWT Users

I have set the compile flag:
-generateJsInteropExports

You only need this when using @JsType(isNative = false) in your code.

Generally you have to wait until external JS has been loaded before you can access it in your GWT code. Maybe your GWT code runs too early?

-- J.

Carl Rahmström

Apr 29, 2020, 3:58:47 AM4/29/20
to GWT Users
Your post made me check if the external JS had been loaded and sure enough it hadn't. Turned out it was being downloaded over http instead of https and therefore rejected. Simple mistake, thank you for pointing me in the right direction.