GWT, Firefox, and focusout

N Troncoso

Apr 21, 2016, 4:16:00 PM4/21/16
to GWT Users
I have an issue where an event isn't firing in Firefox, and it turns out this is because Firefox doesn't currently support the focusin and focusout events.

This is a problem in a custom cell where I'm overriding onBrowserEvent. On the blur event, the ValueUpdater parameter is null, but it's not null on the focusout event. How can I work around this issue?

JonL

Apr 22, 2016, 11:11:59 AM4/22/16
to GWT Users
This is not a GWT issue really, so let me GTFY:

N Troncoso

Apr 26, 2016, 10:45:02 AM4/26/16
to GWT Users
This is a GWT issue in that I'm trying to get it to work in GWT. I've tried implementing the code in that link, but a GWT browser event is still not fired even when the javascript focusout event is fired.

Jonathon Lamon

Apr 26, 2016, 11:32:49 AM4/26/16
to GWT Users
You might need to look into the DOMImpl and DOMImplStandard classes and dispatchEvent...  It might be easier to add the event listener via JSNI as well.

Jonathon Lamon
Chief Software Engineer
Perceptronics Solutions Inc.
Tel  703-485-2922