How do I avoid this issue?

Joel Cairney

Aug 21, 2013, 4:21:31 PM8/21/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I'm working on a large GWT application, and on chrome for android we're running into these issues:

The HTML and CSS patterns that create this issue are commonly found in GWT widgets, or are easily created by combining widgets.  I haven't seen any movement on this issue on the Chromium list, and don't have confidence that their rendering will get fixed any time soon.  Can anyone recommend a way to work around these issues?

Michael Prentice

Aug 26, 2013, 9:42:38 AM8/26/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure how to avoid it but I've starred it. Sounds like a pretty nasty issue.

Joel Cairney

Aug 26, 2013, 10:00:14 AM8/26/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
DataGrids have absolutely positioned hidden divs with overflow: scroll, which can cause issue #2 from the linked bug above.  And since they may be absolutely positioned in a layout, if issue #1 hasn't occurred elsewhere on the page, DataGrids may create issue #1 instead.

Also, ScrollPanel, which our developers rely on heavily is a good example of a div that will get absolutely positioned and have overflow: auto, and depending on content probably have in-flow elements that will require scrolling, and will contain at least one absolutely position div, since many GWT widgets have a hidden one.  This will cause issue #1.