GWT Plugin 3.0 fails to download connection reset after a while

kommon kommon

Sep 15, 2017, 11:13:43 AM9/15/17
to GWT Users
I am trying to install GWT plugin 3.0 on latest version of Eclipse Oxygen 2.7. from http://gwt-plugins.github.io/documentation/gwt-eclipse-plugin/Download.html

I get the following error when it reaches about 26%.

"
An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
session context was:(profile=epp.package.jee, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).
Unable to read repository at http://storage.googleapis.com/gwt-eclipse-plugin/v3/release/plugins/com.gwtplugins.gdt.eclipse.platform_3.0.0.201707251900.jar.
Connection reset
Unable to read repository at http://storage.googleapis.com/gwt-eclipse-plugin/v3/release/plugins/com.gwtplugins.gwt.eclipse.core_3.0.0.201707251900.jar.
Connection reset
"

download speed drops to zero after 50Mb dnld of /com.gwtplugins.gwt.eclipse.core_3.0.0.201707251900.jar
and after 36 mb for gwtplugins.gdt.eclipse.platform_3.0.0.201707251900.jar.

Any idea whats going on and who can solve it?

I added following params to eclipse ini and still no help:

"-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true
-Dorg.eclipse.equinox.p2.transport.ecf.retry=5
-Dorg.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.retrieve.readTimeout=10000
"

Thanks for your help.

Brandon Donnelson

Sep 16, 2017, 11:07:22 PM9/16/17
to GWT Users
All I can suggest is wait and try again. This repo is on Google Cloud Storage, so there shouldn't be any issues.

kommon kommon

Feb 26, 2018, 9:18:14 AM2/26/18
to GWT Users
Trying to install GWT plugin on Eclipse Oxygen. Constantly failing since last week at the same spot at 50.93 mb. Failing to download even in browser. I wish there was a way for offline downloading and install of GWT Plugin.

 Any help would be appreciated.

"An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
session context was:(profile=epp.package.jee, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).

kommon kommon

Feb 26, 2018, 9:23:06 AM2/26/18
to GWT Users
Trying to install GWT plugin on Eclipse Oxygen again. Constantly failing since last week at the same spot at 50.93 mb.
Failing to download in browser also. I wish there was a way for offline downloading and install of GWT Plugin.

 Any help would be appreciated.

"An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
session context was:(profile=epp.package.jee, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).

Jens

Feb 26, 2018, 9:58:26 AM2/26/18
to GWT Users
I can download that jar without issues using a browser. Maybe it is some virus scanner or proxy causing the issue.

-- J.

Brandon Donnelson

Feb 26, 2018, 12:23:37 PM2/26/18
to GWT Users
@Kommon If you try what Jens tried, downloading from the browser would it work for you?

Are you dropping packets on your nic?

kommon kommon

Feb 26, 2018, 12:27:51 PM2/26/18
to GWT Users
I doubt we we are missing packets. Browser also fails exactly after downloading 50.93 mb unless are refresh a couple of times. I guess total file zie is 51 mb so something peculiar. Isn't there a way to download plugin offline rather than thru eclipse marketplace?

kommon kommon

Feb 28, 2018, 9:30:39 AM2/28/18
to GWT Users
Actually it was something scanner was interfering with. I was able to download outside the environment.

Thanks

Rahul Maharishi

Sep 19, 2018, 10:12:40 AM9/19/18
to GWT Users

This link is again not working.
http://storage.googleapis.com/gwt-eclipse-plugin/v3/release

Has it moved, can you please share the correct link.

Downloading from browser would work, can you please share the link.

Brandon Donnelson

Sep 20, 2018, 10:09:07 AM9/20/18
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I'm looking into it.