GWT 2.8-Snapshot and Guava

Evan Ruff

Nov 24, 2015, 2:59:35 PM11/24/15
to GWT Users
Hey guys,

Could someone tell me how to get GWT 2.8 working with Guava? I'm using Gradle.

I've tried a dozen combinations between 2.8 snapshot, Guava 19 snapstot, j2objc 0.1 and 0.9.8 and I cannot get anything to run.

I'm getting a little frustrated. Does anyone have a working configuration of this?

Thanks,

Lars

Nov 24, 2015, 3:27:07 PM11/24/15
to GWT Users

Evan Ruff

Nov 24, 2015, 3:32:11 PM11/24/15
to GWT Users
Hey Lars,

Thanks for the note. When I moved to the SNAPSHOT of guava, the error I was getting actually had to do with the j2objc annotations, as it couldn't find it in the source path.

Is there a specific JAR version out of the snapshot directory that you have working? I assume I'll need to add j2objc manually. If so, which version of j2objc are you using.

I could've sworn I've tried every combination but cannot get it to line up.

Thanks,

On Tuesday, November 24, 2015 at 3:27:07 PM UTC-5, Lars wrote:
See https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/google-web-toolkit-contributors/VbokswmVz9w

Evan Ruff

Nov 24, 2015, 3:34:06 PM11/24/15
to GWT Users
Just to clarify, the createFrom method problem did not show up, but the inability to get @Weak from j2objc did, even if I added it manually to the project.

Thanks,

Lars

Nov 24, 2015, 3:47:54 PM11/24/15
to GWT Users
I patched an old guava version (17, but I guess 18 should work too) with the createFrom patch https://github.com/google/guava/commit/9e56ef17c335319d21f1f2c454176c9d32687a59 to support gwt 2.7 and 2.8, because the next version of guava (19) does not support gwt 2.8 and is bundled with j2obj.
Btw. I am using Java7 (and not Java8)!

Lars

Nov 24, 2015, 3:54:07 PM11/24/15
to GWT Users
If you would give the guava shapshot a try then I guess this should be the right j2objc-annotations jar http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C1%7Cj2objc-annotations

Evan Ruff

Nov 24, 2015, 4:14:20 PM11/24/15
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hey Lars,

I seem to be having some trouble understanding what I need to do.

So to get guava to work with 2.8-SNAPSHOT, area you suggesting I leave the gradle dependency at 18 in my build file and remove the guava-gwt from it. Then, replace this file in the guava-gwt-18.jar locally and then add that to the project?

I've not patched something on the fly before.

Thanks and I really appreciate your help,

On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 3:54 PM, Lars <lars.gem...@gmail.com> wrote:
If you would give the guava shapshot a try then I guess this should be the right j2objc-annotations jar http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C1%7Cj2objc-annotations

Evan Ruff

Nov 24, 2015, 5:23:38 PM11/24/15
to GWT Users, evan...@hendersonsawmill.com
Lars,

I was able to get it done using the patch suggestion that you proposed.

In case anyone else is running into this issue, I've attached my JAR to this file.

For gradle, I'm using the following dependencies:

compile "com.google.guava:guava:18.0"
compile files('../common/libs/guava-gwt-18.0-2.8-compat.jar')

Thank you for all your help!

On Tuesday, November 24, 2015 at 4:14:20 PM UTC-5, Evan Ruff wrote:
Hey Lars,

I seem to be having some trouble understanding what I need to do.

So to get guava to work with 2.8-SNAPSHOT, area you suggesting I leave the gradle dependency at 18 in my build file and remove the guava-gwt from it. Then, replace this file in the guava-gwt-18.jar locally and then add that to the project?

I've not patched something on the fly before.

Thanks and I really appreciate your help,

On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 3:54 PM, Lars <lars.gem...@gmail.com> wrote:
If you would give the guava shapshot a try then I guess this should be the right j2objc-annotations jar http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C1%7Cj2objc-annotations

guava-gwt-18.0-2.8-compat.jar

Lars