GWT 2.8.0 Eclipse

l.s...@behaimits.com

Feb 17, 2017, 11:45:25 AM2/17/17
to GWT Users
Hi, I have noticed that GWT 2.7 is 3 years old. GWT 2.8 final was released like half a year ago. How should one develop GWT applications - in which IDE? Will there be an update for GWT Eclipse plugin this year?

Slava Pankov

Feb 17, 2017, 4:02:33 PM2/17/17
to GWT Users

Brandon Donnelson

Feb 21, 2017, 1:08:54 PM2/21/17
to GWT Users
I plan on adding more patches and enhancements this year to the plugin.

prashant fulara

Feb 23, 2017, 6:19:24 AM2/23/17
to GWT Users
We are currently  working with GWT 2.7 using eclipse and planning to switch to GWT 2.8 in near future. How safe it is to switch to GWT 2.8 (using Eclipse as IDE) ?

prashant fulara

Feb 23, 2017, 6:19:25 AM2/23/17
to GWT Users
Given link (https://github.com/gwt-plugins/gwt-eclipse-plugin), seems not opening.

Juan Pablo Gardella

Feb 23, 2017, 6:50:43 AM2/23/17
to GWT Users
I switched without problems (I didn't update anything in eclipse)

Rodolfo Raya

Feb 23, 2017, 7:05:04 AM2/23/17
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
The standard plugin for eclipse neon available at https://dl.google.com/eclipse/plugin/4.6 works fine with GWT 2.8

Regards,
Rodolfo

Brandon Donnelson

Feb 23, 2017, 10:45:52 AM2/23/17
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
GPE is deprecated and will no longer continuing support for GWT. The features have been split between the GWT Eclipse Plugin and Google Cloud Tools Plugin for Eclipse.

The older versions of GPE still work, but not recommended.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "GWT Users" group.